Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Alerting Users to Unavailability of Songs in Their Liked Playlists

Occasionally, when I revisit my liked songs playlist, I notice that certain songs have become unavailable for various reasons. I wish to keep track of these changes to either find alternatives or simply to stay informed. The current silent removal disrupts my playlist experience. Therefore, I suggest Spotify introduces a feature to alert users whenever a song in their liked playlists is no longer available. Notifications could be sent as push notifications or in-app messages, explaining the reason for the song's unavailability, whether it's due to licensing issues, artist decisions, or regional restrictions. This feature would not only improve the user experience by keeping listeners informed but also offer recommendations for similar tracks or updates on the song's availability, promoting continuous and engaged interaction with Spotify.

Comments
susanglezs

Love this idea!!!

Adam1313

This is a great idea. But this is a feature that Spotify will NEVER implement. No matter how many votes this gets or the amount of times it's posted it won't be implemented and I wish spotify would label features like this as such so we could stop wasting our time. 

Spotify is about selling subscriptions. Not about user experience, user satisfaction, about the joys or music or anything else. People knowing more and more of their hidden gems of songs are being removed is something that would enable people to make better choices about the services they choose. That is not something large providers actually ever want. Same reason you can't block/remove movies on streaming services, because then you'd realize the service wasn't good enough for the price. 

So, I'm sorry to say there's probably zero chances of this being implemented. 

sidewinder03

It's very unlikely they'd invest time in such a feature, given that you can already choose to show unavailable songs. 

While I remember seeing a toggle for this in the past and I can currently see unplayable songs, I'm no longer seeing that toggle.