Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Add visuals (or upload) for desktop and TV

I think it would be awesome to add a visuals feature, for Desktop and TV players (Roku). Some times I just don't want to see the menu while I'm listening  music, to delve into the full experience of what you want to hear, visuals reenforce it and if you have the chance to customize what you watch while listing to music, it only amplifies the experience, a whole no perspective of audiovisuals. 

With an "on and off " button if the listener wants to use it or not.

Updated on 2022-01-10

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Luan
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-04-15

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as 'New Suggestion'.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

ParentalControl

Why would we want more rubbish UI implementations? When spotify hasn't even implemented basic privacy features like blocking harassing followers or explicit album art from minors.

Bun-Bun

No.

They need to focus on making the desktop UI proper again. Not make frivolous visual effects that can't compete with what winamp had 20 years ago.

MoMo215

I don't think this is too much of a big ask. It can be a feature that is limited at first and updated as time goes on. Especially if Spotify is serious about getting into video, it can be a great initial test to see adoption rates/usage on a mass scale.

osornios
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2021-04-24

Hey @siccus 

A similar idea has also been suggested many times before, and only one thread can exist per Idea. Spotify Staff has already answered this request, which can be read here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/All-Platforms-Visualizer/idi-p/753

Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

yosoybillbrasky

Yes please! With The Hue Sync, Harmonize, Hyperion and other reactive A/V products and projects it's never been a better time to do this! 

zahrteja

Would really love something other than generic Artist logos when playing music on the TV app. 

Tauer

I miss the old days of turning on my tunes, and adding in the music visualiser to go with the songs while I work to have some mesmerising images and dancing lines on my monitor to go along with the songs.  I admit I'm an early stage internet user who is trying to recapture some of the simpler pleasures from that time when screensavers and rudimentary music software were considered elite additions to your life.

maxresdefault.jpg
Alex
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-10-20

Hello @Tauer,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Sebax_aka_walker

It was cool, hope to see again