Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Add visuals (or upload) for desktop and TV

I think it would be awesome to add a visuals feature, for Desktop and TV players (Roku). Some times I just don't want to see the menu while I'm listening  music, to delve into the full experience of what you want to hear, visuals reenforce it and if you have the chance to customize what you watch while listing to music, it only amplifies the experience, a whole no perspective of audiovisuals. 

With an "on and off " button if the listener wants to use it or not.

Updated on 2022-01-10

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Tozzit

Hello! I was actually wondering this a year or so ago and i found a visualizer called Butterchurn visualizer at https://butterchurnviz.com/ , and you can download the chrome extension and play it with any web page - so logging into spotify on the web app and loading it using the butter churn visualizer will get you the vizualizer to spotify. These vizualizations are also based on the winamp (specifically MilkDrop vizualizer), so pretty old school. Hope you enjoy as much as I have.

Edit: if you really care about using the desktop version like i do, you can use audio software to pass the song from spotify to your mic output and use the mic feature on butterchurn

macxmub

Can we finally get a visualizer for desktop users please?

DrakeEquation

Spotify is definitely lacking a good visualizer. Upvoted! 

onelastspartan

Add a visualizer to the desktop app for music. Roll this feature to other apps across Spotify. 

Desktop MVP:  let the album artwork be as big as the window will allow; allowing for borders. Bottom right or left of image it has an expand button icon. If you were hyper cool make the bottom music controls semitransparent and after x amount of time, make them disappear. 

onelastspartan_0-1641666249581.png

This is a basic feature; I don't care what your BAs your PMs or anyone at your company says. Add it. 

Novy
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2022-01-10

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

sgyffy

Old school PC media players had different music visualizers that would match the music being played and display a visualization of the music on screens.
It would be awesome to display music visualizers on the TV and other devices with screens and Spotify apps.

Dell_Ray

Winamp still exists. It hasn't been updated or supported for some time but I have the latest from the website and it works in both Windows 10 and 11. 

Audacity is an awesome music editing program that works on Windows 10 and 11 and you can configure the input and output in many ways

My laptop casts to my smart TV

I play Spotify on the laptop, record with Audacity, play recording in Winamp, cast fullscreen vis to my TV. 

It's a roundabout way and takes a bit of tweaking to get set up and working, but it does work and quite well.

Eff you Spotify!

P.S. Winamp is going in a new direction and it looks like it will be another full function music service such as Spotify and others and I'm really hoping that's the case as long as they keep the archives with links to the legacy Winamp player. If this is the case, it could be what we are all waiting for to replace Spotify. They need to be knocked off the top of the mountain and Winamp would be the perfect soldier to do it! Fingers crossed...

ampsand

Old time music players used to have song visualizers - several different types. I find myself missing this feature in my Spotify usage, so much so that I have turned to 3rd party solutions with less-than-satisfactory result (they slow down the computer too much, for example.)

I'd love for Spotify to provide this - even with only 5 different visualizers to start off - to pair up with my listening.

Frenchmanremy

We pay for premium because we often host people over and enjoy the playlists. The album art and random facts are fun, but they can burn onto TV's, get repetitive, and I don't really feel like having 50" album art on my wall.

A visualizer would be awesome as it would remind all of us 80's kids about Media player's bars, or any other moving visual that can be applied across all genres. There are so many neat effects that could be done with today's technology, especially knowing that you have the lyrics to these songs and are able to make them appear on screen in a creative and neat way!  

chiisai_kuma

We need to push this idea! I was about to submit it on my own but I see that this thread is still open despite being two years old. 

I totally agree with the description. 

When I'm at parties or gatherings and we put music we end up using YouTube because we usually listen from a TV or a desktop and having the Spotify menu as a visual doesn't put us in the party spirit, it is simply not interesting to look at.