Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Sort List of Playlists alphabetically

How about ordering playlists alphabetically? I'm paying for this service and this feature is the most common and easiest one even for a free music player...

Updated on 2021-07-07

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that sorting your lists of playlists alphabetically is now available across devices. There's more info here.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
melrusso

How has spotify let this issue go on and on when so many people are complaining and it can't be that complicated to make it happen. 

It seriously drives me crazy! It takes me so long to find playlists I'm looking for and I'm a Yoga teacher and use my playlsits 10 times a day! And I'm a premium user so I'm giving them my money every month! 

Please fix this issue already!

Indeed - and try adding a track to an old playlist: nightmare as you just cannot find the playlist in the screen available
LewisJK

As usual our comments are falling on deaf ears. I am voting with my monthly subsciption which I have been paying for years. I am not renewing.

call_me_ted

Would love this capability, especially if it is able to sort playlists within playlist folders/groups.

warmth

2017 and still no way to sort playlists.

LewisJK
Keep pestering and keep the pressure up and vote with your wallet. Cheers
d1e9u1t0

I want to add my vote to ask Spotify to figure out a way to make it so that we can sort our playlists by name. I like the folders that were just created. It would also be awesome if we could see our playlists by icon, or folder. That would also be very visually helpful to find the playlists we are looking for and to make sure we're not making similar playlists. I must admit that I started looking for other streaming devices that have this function, because it can make things so much easier.

LewisJK
Well said my friend. Cheers
otlarsen

Spotify - Do we have to start a march or demonstration to have you fix this elementary function that exist in any other mediaplayer? PLEASE - PLEASE   - Fix it NOW !!!

cmlaff

If you want it done right, do it yourself. It's obvious that they don't care so we're back to the old school ways of simply dragging and dropping our playlists into the order we want. Open a nice beer or bottle of wine, play some nice music and do it yourself. That's what I did, and the wine was tasty.