Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Xbox] Cross-device Volume Control - Xbox via Connect

Hello 

Unfortunately, the volume can no longer be changed via PC or smartphone on Xbox when the Spotify client is running on Xbox. However, this function still existed until last week. Have you permanently removed them or will they come back with the next updates? Unfortunately, the missing feature takes a little bit of the option to use the Xbox as a media center. 

Lg

Marcel

Updated on 2021-06-30

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that volume control via Connect is now available on Xbox. This feature is now accessible with version 2.22.9.70 for Spotify on Xbox, so make sure to check for updates. 

If afterwards there're any issues, we recommend a reinstall of the app on both the Xbox and the controlling device.

Once again, thanks for all the votes and helping make this a reality!

Comments
RaikouWolf

Hey IDEAs mods, do you guys fancy issuing a response? The requested amount of votes was reached 4 months ago 

Customer services are unable to provide any response. 

-JAG-

What **bleep** at Spotify decided removing this feature was a good idea!!!??? - Anyone who games knows this feature is crucial! PUT IT BACK! 

nlevings

Hey @Mario care to revisit? Seems like the 2226 other people are also curious...

Cheers! 🤡
------------------------------------------
Mario / Moderator / ‎2020-10-05 12:08 PM

Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-10-05

Hey there,

Thanks for submitting this to the Idea Exchange!

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Ruhtinas

Please fix this already! Using Spotify on xbox is impossible. Spotify is like 95% louder than any other app. This is absolutely horrible UX, and you shouldn't need a professional to tell you this. Spotify should either use the same volume level as everything else on the device or have a separate volume control on the mobile app. Currently it doesn't go either way. It's just loud AF and is impossible to enjoy while gaming. The crossfader alone does nothing when the app is this loud.

De_p2

Back in the good days 

2D108448-73F4-4153-819D-745C98D8B1F9.jpeg

OrgChm

I use an old iPhone to control my stereo system remotely using Spotify connect.  This eliminates the need to add a bluetooth receiver to the system.  Bluetooth receivers are expensive and lack good sound quality.  It was really great when I could control the queue and the volume remotely.  Please add this feature back!!!  Or at least give us the option to turn the feature on.  Thanks!

Tomhenx

Still no news? At least I am still unable to control volume from phone 😕

josh3io

I don't get the sense that spotify EPD cares about creating a quality product anymore.

nlevings

People in this thread have tried everything and spotify has just not responded with a single meaningful piece of information. Spotify customer support should consider doing their jobs...

2277 votes

"

Good Suggestion

Your idea has reached the first threshold - it has more than 50 +Votes in under 3 months. 

Live Idea 

Ideas that have gathered 180 +Votes in under 6 months get this status and they are brought to the attention of the Spotify team.

Bonus: We’ll also be looking at ideas that might have been closed initially due to not enough votes but eventually have reached 500 +Votes in under 18 months.

"

De_p2

Since ya’ll took the time to find this site and hoping for an solution.  

May i ask you to give all 1 star in app-store or google store what ever.

There ignoring every single one of us.

Call me childisch, i just can’t believe a business like Spotify is so arrogant to just ignore all of it. 
I looked around some other threads, ain’t so much different.