Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Music] HiFi Quality - Lossless Streaming 16bit 44.1khz

I've just started a trial of Qobuz - they offer the standard 320kbps as well as lossless FLAC streaming (and high res downloads if you purchase them) the sound quality is noticeably better and on classical it's just wonderful to get all that resolution through your hi-fi or headphones! The catalogue has a way to go to get to Spotify's level, but they are getting there. The iPad app isn't' too bad (the desktop app is in need of an upgrade but I hear they are putting all their efforts into mobile apps right now).

So - lossless streaming - if Qobuz can do it then so can Spotify, they must have the same source - and obviously if you are asking £20 a month then those record labels and distributors take enough notice to make the high res tracks available for streaming. What this all means is soon, very soon, we will get lossless streaming and closely followed by high res downloads - but if Spotify aren't careful it will be Apple who get there first with an audiophile premium offering, and when they do it will be a much harder market place to make money in!

Updated on 2022-01-07

Hey folks,

We know that HiFi quality audio is important to you. We feel the same, and we’re excited to deliver a Spotify HiFi experience to Premium users in the future. But we don’t have timing details to share yet.

We will of course update you here when we can.

Take care.

Comments
bart1981

Hi Spotify. Question for you.

WHERE IS HIFI?????!!!?!!??!?

stevec5375

I just signed up for Amazon Unlimited and got the reduced rate for being a Prime member.  I'm paying $89 per year for Amazon Music Unlimited which has hi res music available.  I'm paying Spotify  $120 per year for lower quality music.  What's wrong with this picture?  I'm going to give Spotify another month or two to FINALLY RELEASE their lossless offering and then I'm cancelling my subscription with them.  This has gone on long enough!

Kokii

🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> HIFI <<<<<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>>>>>> When ? <<<<<<<<<<<<
🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐

lawrie124
To everyone on this chat, I appreciate your frustrations and I feel them too but Spotify Hifi has been anticipated for approaching possibly a decade now, so don't waste your time waiting endlessly for something that doesn't seem likely to ever happen.

Check out this great little High-Resolution Music Streamer for just £149 now available on Amazon which I got, then get yourself a Qobuz, Tidal, or similar lossless music service and don't look back anymore.

Link to HR Music Streamer below:

Overview - WiiM Pro - WiiM (wiimhome.com)<>

For those of us who value / want 'High Resolution' music streaming it's best to imagine that Spotify no longer exists, and the best and only real protest you can make is by not subscribing or using their service at all.
LawLee
What streamer are you talking about Wiim Pro? I agree with you. I've been with Qobuz since December 2021, when they failed to deliver. Haven't looked back.

LawLee_1-1686330960064.png

On top of their Music centered interface. Check out the vibe at their dedicated forum space Qobuz Club.

Home | Qobuz Club

LawLee_2-1686331224740.png

😂Thank you Spotify it has been a pleasure but you have been taking my money for so long and not delivering what's most important that enough is enough.  I don't mind you driving around in fancy cars and living the high life off my money, but I expect that if I'm going to bottom (it's pride month) I expect lube.  I'm not waiting any longer.  I had apple music and was using it but hoping you would come out with Hi-Fi and as usual, you still driving around, eating the best foods, and doing me without lube.  And now that AM is finally getting crossfade (which was my holdout for embracing AM), it's a damn wrap for you Spotify.  now I know my $9.99 don't matter, you will still live the high life, eat right, drive around in fancy cars but you won't be getting this a$$ any more.  Now maybe one day, you will come out with it and you can get the a$$ again, but I quit NOW.  In this day and age raw hurts.  DUECES!

LawLee

LawLee_0-1686546203403.png

The author said:

"...The question I posed in the title and at the beginning of the video is
whether or not you guys should jump ship and explore other offerings or stay the course in hopes that Spotify will someday get its affairs in order. Spotify has been hinting at a high-end service since 2017, only to have publicly announced it last year, promising a 2021 release.

I don't do business with liars. I am personally taking my money elsewhere. I can easily listen to my favorite podcast via pretty much any other streaming service and enjoy my music at a much higher quality via Qobuz, the French based streaming service I chose to jump ship to. The boosting quality is absolutely staggering. It has more dynamic range and clarity. Spotify is just dated and has a substandard Ogg format. MP3 quality is dead, and honestly for me, so Spotify.

I encourage all of you to find the right service for you that has a functional user interface, excellent quality sound and a reasonable price. I can't stand behind a service that doesn't respect the artists, dangles a carrot it in front of their subscribers, and can't keep up with the quality offered by everyone else..."

janpeeters

Please keep in mind their ridiculous low payout to artists. The lowest of all streaming services AFAIK. It made me switch to Tidal. If Qobuz had integration with Plexamp I would have chosen them.

It's a weird and reversed world where those who create value with their art barely get paid.

Gromushka

The issue with Tidal is not supported in Volumio free account.  Also moode audio hasn't it. Only spotify connect. 

With big system (not portable or phone) usage of Tidal is little bit problematic or increase expenses. 

Qobuz is unavailable in my country, Amazon too... 

So currently Spotify connect as single free option to use with normal player as Volumio free using remote application of Spotify or Volumio without transfer files from remote device via some bluetooth or AirPlay. 

This is very bad case. 

schjano

Submitted on ‎2014-03-02 12:44 PM