Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Music] Remove items from Recently Played history

I would also like it if we had the option to remove our recently played history because sometimes I would listen to someone's playlist, an artist, or one of my own playlists by accident and I don't really listen to the playlist or artist anymore or I already have a song by that artist and it doesn't make sense to keep it in my library or recently played history.

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Katerina
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2019-08-28

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea--we've also updated the title to clarify what you're requesting for other users.

This is a repost of this inactive idea: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Your-Music-Remove-Items-in-Recently-Played-permanently...

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

ollibot88

Siri + Spotify integration is a little weak, and she doesn't get my requests right half the time - which adds stuff to my recently played list that I don't care to listen to. Please bring back "delete from recently played" functionality.

Please fix this, it is ridiculous that you can't remove something that randomly got played on your device (auto play ruined my recently played list and when I have guests over they pick stuff to play that I don't want in my history)

ashoraighne

I came here to suggest the same thing. Please add a way to delete, remove, or hide a recently played list. I searched a bunch of stuff (without knowing about the private session function) and now my recently played is entirely stuff that I didn’t like and can not remove. Now, I am unable to play Spotify on the tv at work because these are visible with no way to delete.

johnrbuller

Great idea

I have found that other occasional users of my account have listened to an artist and this is affecting my 'made For You', 'discover weekly' and 'release radar'. 

I know other people have this problem, espically after their account was hacked and now they are recomended songs played by the hackers!

This feature would also allow me to update my intrests by removing songs i no longer like.

collettemeadows

I was looking to suggest the same thing. Please add the functionality of permanent  deletion of recently played on all platforms. I do a lot of searching for artists and check out songs and I cannot remove it at all. It is so annoying and really worked better before any functionality updates were made

n3-cwqd_bycfj

First, this isn’t a new feature, it’s one you took away. It is dumbfounding that users are not in control of what is logged and kept on their account. 
Second, by continually closing threads on this topic and then making a new one, but refusing to ‘look at it’ until it has enough votes you are effectively keeping it from reaching that threshold. There are nearly 400 votes between this and at least two other threads on the same topic. Pretty slimy to close them rather than combine them and thus guarantee the desire to have this fixed remains perpetually too low to look at. 

spotify was a fantastic way to explore new and different music you might not otherwise come across, but I sure as heck don’t want everything I give a whirl stuck in that list. Honestly if that means it am stuck with garbage I regret giving a try, it makes me want to use other similar services instead that aren’t so rigid and user unfriendly

I'd also note the that in general, the new UI is horrible overall. Talk about ‘fixing’ something that wasn’t broke. Your continued lack of addressing this is disheartening. 

Troyjack1

My account was hacked and now my recently played has ridiculous songs that will not disappear from my list, no matter how much of my own music I listen to. Super annoying.

mrleblanc101

For the love of God, please add this !

This has been a issue since your redesign months ago...

What are you waiting for ?

mrsgbrlccs

I've played an artist in private mode, switched off private mode and now it's on top of my recently played when using the app normally (I'm referring to desktop app now). It's ridiculous