Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Music] Remove items from Recently Played history

I would also like it if we had the option to remove our recently played history because sometimes I would listen to someone's playlist, an artist, or one of my own playlists by accident and I don't really listen to the playlist or artist anymore or I already have a song by that artist and it doesn't make sense to keep it in my library or recently played history.

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Fiix

2024 - Please let us just clear the "Recently played" history. End of discussion.

whatevermakesmeallow

It's 2024. Fixing this is not that complicated.

Why not close the issue, with a won't fix. This feels such a corporate sell out thingy

excustomer96486

Writing this from my husband’s account as I no longer have an account. After listening to one podcast episode that I didn’t want my kids to see, I was forced to cancel our premium subscription, close my account, and delete all of my data. 

you see, because this one incomprehensible short-sighted feature deprecation, the podcast in question was slapped on the home page of my Apple car play and was impossible to remove. So, I removed it the only way I knew how. I hope my family and I will have much better luck with Amazon Music. 

Shydally_Spot

Yes please, remove history.

Could it be though that Spotify needs this to be able to sell your history to third parties ?

Abel117

It's crazy that this function isn't in the app yet. The whole appeal of Spotify is the way it profiles your tastes in order to recommend you more music that you like. It should be a no brainer that if some friends come over and play dumb music on my account I should be able to erase it afterwards.

Vlade

We're still waiting for this option. It's so frustrating that this simple option is not yet implemented.

_pvanb

The time it takes Spotify to implement the features they claim come from user feedback averages 5 years. Some of them as long as 8 years. So don't hold your breath.

amyn997

literally insane to me that 4 years later this comically basic feature STILL isn't available..... also love getting confirmation that it doesn't matter how upvoted a post is or how many positive responses it gets from spotify admin: surprise, your idea still isn't going anywhere lol