Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Option to disable or hide podcasts entirely

I don't listen to podcasts and don't intend to. But it currently takes up valuable space in both the Spotify mobile app and also in Android Auto. It's annoying having to see podcasts all the time when I don't care for them and don't want to see them.

Is it not reasonable to just have a toggle to show podcasts or not?

Updated on 2023-10-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange and for bringing us your continual feedback. We also think this is a great idea and that there's an opportunity to make it happen, so we're looking into it further.

We'll post here when we have an update - Stay tuned!

Comments
t7i6xc-kj7_x8

I love that idea but I doubt that will ever happen. Podcasts are a great and cheap way for Spotify to increase user engagement und time spend on the app - and sell commercials. And they don't have to pay licensing fees or artists. So: Perfect.

MrBue

It would be very easy to put the podcasts on an extra tab like other providers. Then those who want to continue listening to podcasts could do so, BUT everyone else would not be annoyed by them and Spotify would probably make more money, since I and many others have cancelled Spotify Premium and Spotify thus no longer earns any money from me and the others.

I've now been with Apple Music for over half a year with our family account and haven't regretted it for a minute, as I now see again that nothing has changed with Spotify. On the contrary, it's getting worse. Podcasts are still there, and not far down comes this TicToc **bleep** that a few months ago no one wanted.

At Apple Music the quality of the music is significantly better, podcasts have their own app and the suggestions of new music are better and better!

jburton

Four years later and Spotify may finally have the ability to implement this cutting edge technology... Clearly this is an intentional choice from Spotify to shove podcasts down your throat.

FaintDeftone

I've been subscribed to Spotify for almost a decade. I've tried switching to another service because of the podcasts and now audio books being plastered all over my screen but Spotify just works much better for me. However, if this gets worse I may have no choice but to switch unless something like hiding podcasts and audio books is implemented. 

removeallpodcasts

This is getting ridiculous. If you don't care about a highly requested feature, just tell us you won't bother and close it. 

Weir1

Where are my "made for you" juke box pay lists?

Weekly

Day 1

Day 2

Whats with this singles and suggestions garbage. And albums by artists I've never heard of.

I only want "made for you" playlists and I want lots of then.

I'm unsubbing and in off to try Tidsl

You've got into my sub runs out.

This app is a critical disaster, you've had months to fix this.

Thorendahl

**bleep** - Podcast is still there...and now they fcuked the UX even more up on the mobile.

It's so anoing and sad to see 😢

ruskii
I actually don’t agree with this 100%.
I have been switched on to lots of new artists by these playlists.

I would say they could be far more random, in terms of song suggestions - so I don’t get the same songs from the same artists.

I still don’t want podcasts or audiobooks on my Spotify.
garchar

Please make this happen.  I get tired of podcasts being pushed on me that I don’t want to listen to. 

RAPSTER77

it's like, I've paid my subs to, in part, get ad free music but I'm getting ads anyway. If I want to turn on Podcast, I think I should have the ability to filter. If Spotify must advertise a podcast why can't it be time limited to 48hrs or less?