Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Option to disable or hide podcasts entirely

I don't listen to podcasts and don't intend to. But it currently takes up valuable space in both the Spotify mobile app and also in Android Auto. It's annoying having to see podcasts all the time when I don't care for them and don't want to see them.

Is it not reasonable to just have a toggle to show podcasts or not?

Updated on 2023-10-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange and for bringing us your continual feedback. We also think this is a great idea and that there's an opportunity to make it happen, so we're looking into it further.

We'll post here when we have an update - Stay tuned!

Comments
kashiichan

Or something in the Settings that allow you to turn off particular categories that Spotify have created.

Jose_M
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2019-08-28

Marked as a new idea. Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Community. 

faragher

I'm not subscribed to any podcasts, and still have a list of 6 suggestions.   Toggle podcasts to off would be ideal, but I'd settle for them not being displayed second on my home screen after heavy rotation, meaning I always have to scroll past to get to daily mix etc

gshaw0

Came here to submit the exact same issue. I have no interest in podcasts, don't want to play podcasts but now they clutter up the Home screen meaning I can't easily navigate music playlists I actually want to use in Android Auto.

It's poor design and usability, especially in Android Auto where screen interaction and swiping needs to be kept to a minimum. The user should be in control of what they see on the Home screen not the app doing as it wants.

Agree 100%. 

A toggle in the options would be most appreciated. 

Ihatepodcasts9

PLEASE LET ME TOGGLE OFF PODCASTS.  I'M PAYING FOR MUSIC!! !

BevansDesign

This needs to happen, but probably won't. They think (probably correctly) that they can make a lot of money by capturing a chunk of the podcast market.

After a company gets large enough, it stops being satisfied with making tons of money, and instead wants to be making *all* of the money. 

So that means that the customers have to put up with things clogging their screens that could easily be hidden. What are you going to do, switch to one of their inferior competitors? 

higdhfsdhgfidhj

Also, please, allow parents to disable podcasts for children on their family account. Same as you do with explicit content.

jodyfanning

I want to disable podcasts entirely in all versions of Spotify. I have a separate podcast app and I have absolutely no interest in using Spotify for this  

nathanbrakband

I do not classify Podcasts and Music as the same type of content, and so I don't want them mixed up. I don't listen to podcasts on Spotify or have any liked, but it takes up a lot of the home page that could go to music.