Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Separate Queues for Podcasts and Music

Hi there,

Would like to propose this again as it looks like related tickets were closed and not addressed.

Just want to share a concrete example on why this would be helpful... Throughout the day I'm listening to either music (while working) OR podcasts (while commuting). If I'm commuting to work, I'd like to queue up podcasts to listen to while commuting. This includes coming back to the same podcast queue when I'm commuting home from work (ie. same queue in the morning and evening). The problem is, I listen to music during the day while I'm working. So I need to clear my podcast queue and then queue everything up again after work. 

I think fixing this would increase user engagement on your apps. For example, having my podcasts on Apple podcasts is just more convenient now because I don't need to deal with this daily inconvenience. Every week, that's multiple hours of engagement per user (for a subset of podcast listeners) that you could be gaining back.

I'm a huge fan of Spotify, so I'd love to be able to seamlessly use your app over Apple Podcasts for this use case. Thanks 

Updated on 2022-06-24

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
mcbt81

I'm adding my name to the long list of people really hoping that Spotify implements this suggestion...

hambxne

Having the recently played tab is nice, but I find myself listening to music and podcasts concurrently and then usually I stop halfway through a podcast and it's difficult to find what I was listening to. It would be nice to have recently played songs and recently played podcasts as separate categories inside of the recently played tab.

And I guess technically I should make another feature request for this, but inside of the "what's new" tab It would be nice to have the ability when you hold down with your finger on the song to be able to add it to your queue instead of having to click on it, get redirected to the artists profile, and then press add to queue. 

ava-noelle

Spotify should have two modes. 

One would be for listening to music and show all your favorite Playlists and Songs.

The other one would be just for Podcasts and show your favorites and recommendations. 

When you switch between the modes you can keep listening where you stopped in each mode. So for example you are listening to a 40 minute Podcast and are only 10 minutes in and have some other older episodes in the queue but want to listen to some music in between you can just switch to music mode, listen to your songs and then when you want to go back to podcast mode and keep listening at the 10 minute mark and still have your queue.

revdocrandy

I’m also hoping/waiting for a solution to this problem. I like to listen to podcasts in Spotify but I keep going back to Apple Podcasts to have separate queues!

Thanks!

ehrimen

I hae already switched to YouTube Music for listening music and now using Spotify for solely songs - therefore my Spotify Wrapped looked very weird 🙂

I am very surprised though not many people is still asking for this.

innerspectrum

I have the exact same problem. The only reason I use a separate podcast app is that I need a separate queue. I queue up 10+ podcasts for the day, but also listen to music throughout. A combined queue just does not work for these two different use cases.

Wesznl

I don’t believe that this feature technical wise would be all that complex to implement. Has a decision be made or has it been up for discussion? Been a few years already.. I think a lot or people would have benefit from it.