[All Platforms] Setting for max Cache Size Allowance

The android version of Spotify currently doesn't have a setting for how much disk space the cache is allowed to take up, so it just keeps getting larger and larger until the entire drive is full. 

A music streaming app should not need several gigabytes of  drive space. Give us the option to cap this - getting real tired of getting told I'm out of disk space and having to manually wipe it.

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-01-04

Marked as new idea.

blackdot
Casual Listener
  • this bothers me so much too. if you just fill up the users drive until it's full, maybe you need to start employing UX people.
niocer

I think this would be a great feature on desktop app too.

yuvalgo

a must !!!!

S3ndG
Roadie

I totally agree with you - note that the Deezer app for Android can limit the use of the cache memory -

harry777

It's ridiculous that Spotify simply won't solve this problem, all they say is post here and get votes and then we will consider implementing and bla bla. I think its not that hard to implement such basic feature.

AchyEmperor9

Totally right.
My phone space is already full! 
Almost 5 GB of space as an app!
And i DON'T have any offline downloaded song.
Need something to control it :)

S3ndG
Roadie

Don't worry, I'm adding +50 votes to that idea :)

It is a must-have.

kylu

Google play music has a checkbox setting where you can say whether or not to download songs as you play them. I assume when the setting is off it deletes the cached song once playback completes. Either that or a way to limit the cache size would be very helpful. Another option would be to have a button to just remove the song cache. On android system it unfortunately shows up as data, so the system clear cache does not work. Currently in the app the only option is to clear all data which means to clear the songs I have to log in again, which is very annoying.

罚辣粉

Totally agree. We need this feature!