Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Sleep Timer

I am a new user to Spotify from NZ and the first thing I miss having moved from iphone's built in music player is the sleep timer. I understand this feature stopped working in one of the recent versions of spotify App. If it is a compatibility issue partly related to iOS 5, may I suggest that you build a sleep timer into the App itself

Also, as suggest by one other Spotify user, Nyx, it would be even better if you could include an alarm featuer so we can all wake up to our favourite playlists within Spotify.

Thanks again for all the great work you guys are doing and we really hope you would consider this new idea.

Cheers

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: The issue with sleep timer seems to be working in iOS 8. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated on 2020-05-13

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange and adding your votes to this idea.
We can confirm this is available on both iOS & Android!

You can check out this idea, if you'd like to vote for a sleep timer on desktop too.

Comments
a_p_
I actually just posted about this same topic, not knowing that it was already under discussion... I would definitely want a sleep timer for my iPhone!
NOTT
The iPhone timer used to do this, now it doesn't. There's at least one app that does, however. See the end of this thread for details: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod/Sleep-timer-does-not-work-with-latest-iO...
wow_lance

Please add the sleep timer, it would be uber awesome to have it...

Peter__

I'm not sure this is a needed feature in the spotify client. 

The job of spotify is to play music, its up to the user when it plays. Ipods and the like don't turn off automatically either when they are playing. 

italodevroom

hey,

i have a tamporay solution for this:

play the last song of an playlist and shut the repeat button off. normally the music will stop after the song ends, but you can put some other songs in the queue so they will be played too. after that the music will stop.

my english isn't great but i hope you understand what i mean

goodnight;)

lovebone

Hi

Is there any possibility to add a feature so we can prevent windows from going into sleep mode while using spotify?

Mvh

Mvh

Buddydubbo

You can turn your sleep mode off on your pc by simply going to control panel - then power options - then under plan option click on Change plan settings - on the drop down tab next to Put computer to sleep select NEVER.

Sleep mode option would be a good adition where you can specify how long your music plays for if you want to here music before going to sleep or even an option of turning on when you wake like an alarm clock.

lovebone
Changing powerplan is not an option. Have to think about the environment too.
LuckyT

That there is no Sleeptimer in the MobileApp is a no-go!

I have to be implemented!

Especially the AndroidApp

EdGeventure

Absolutely!!! I love drifting off to music and waking to music. Spotify could make so much of this. You could put on an album or a Spotify radio station at night and then set it to play something a bit more uptempo in the morning. I have pondered this for a while and actually thought there must be an add-on or something that would enable this. Seems not. Get on it! I'm sure you'd attract more interest and enthusiasm for Spotify. (Not that subscribers aren't happy with service anyway!)