Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Delete Songs from Account History

There should be a way for me to control my history of songs played. Sometimes I accidentally play things I don't want to hear or I try listening to songs I don't like. I should be able to remove them from my history so that my stats are accurate for song and music suggestions. 

Also....My account was hacked and someone played music I would never listen to. I can't delete those songs from my history. I can only remove them from my recently played section. I DON'T LIKE THAT!

I tried to ask a customer service agent to delete the songs, but they said it couldn't be done. Wow! Move to the 21st century, Spotify, and give your customers some more control. Sheesh!

Updated on 2020-05-04

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

Comments
BobLoblaw247

I can't get rid of sleep music. It's driving me crazy

bbeckner-ca

My account was hacked.
Discovered that the same sh*tty playlist has been playing every day for almost a month.
Changed Password, Logged out everywhere and revoked access to all apps.
Tried to go into history to delete played songs in order to save my algorithm. I'm pretty sure I used to be able to do this years ago. Apparently this is not possible and now i'm married to these listening choices for the life of my spotifuggle account.
Long time paying user and am very disappointed.

How many votes do you need to take this issue seriously. 

Your almost at 2000 votes!

It's a problem.

And if your not going to listen to your customer base... That's a bigger problem!

Also... Tried to fill out Survey

You wanna hear from us but, Not Really

This is Rich!

bbecknerca_0-1705945073034.png

jagerteeeeee

Five years and counting. And thats the problem. This whole community shizle never worked. Spotify gives the impression of listening to customers, but they do not. Follow the money....

There are songs that I only listened to once to check out the artists and now they're stuck in my top songs and artists lists over songs and artists I actually listen to consistently and I have no idea how to push them out. Being able to delete these would be great, because I'm starting to get tired of listening to the same songs over and over again strategically to try to drive these songs out of my top lists

juventus18

I too was hacked 6 YEARS ago, and even still I occasionally get suggestions for that music. It's annoying.