Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
Contz

I've tried on the latest Mac app.

Not working.

So sad. 

rrudolphjr

Sounds like they are beta testing random users or there is an unknown error letting some accounts go beyond 10k. 

Micturion

I think it's working for me too.

Did an API call on the library and it's getting 15000+ so far.

"limit": 20,
  "next": "https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/tracks?offset=20&limit=20",
  "offset": 0,
  "previous": null,
  "total": 15708
}

I'm on 1.1.33.569.gced9e0f5 (Microsoft Store version)

timothymartin73

Hey, i have this figured out. (perhaps someone else has in this enormous thread, but i admittedly have not read most of it except to see that there are still people trying to figure the issue out in the most recent comments...so apologies if i'm repeating something someone else has said):

I shuffle a 69768 track playlist on Spotify called Shuffle Roulette. I started with collecting *everything* that i determined was good under the Starred playlist in 2011. Within a year, i blew past the 10,000 track limit and at the time there *was no playlist track limit*, at least not on Starred.  But then in like 2014 maybe, my, at that point, 40,000+ track starred playlist became four 10,000 track playlists. i was like WHHHHHAAAATTT!  But then i realized the saving grace key was that Spotify organized the four Starred playlists under one Starred playlist FOLDER. It’s all about the Folder. I thought this was special for 'Starred', but it turns out you can do this for any playlist…Just create a ‘new folder’ in the playlists. (on a mac click 'control' and click the pointer over a playlist). And then you can fill the folder up with multiple 10,000 track playlists that you can shuffle between as a sort of uber playlist.

The only limitation at this moment that i've found is that you can’t initiate shuffling the whole folder of multiple 10,000 track playlists from your phone. I can only shuffle the now seven 10,000 track playlists from my computer interface. But there’s yet another workaround there: if i want to listen to shuffle my whole Shuffle Roulette playlist folder of 7 playlists from my phone, i can start the shuffle on my computer and then switch over to listening to it on my phone, and the whole playlist folder will shuffle the 7 playlists in it. You just can’t initiate from your phone. 

No need for code or anything complicated.  Why Spotify hasn't really articulated that they made the solution for this issue with the almighty folder is kind of nuts, and begs the question: does Spotify even realize they did this?

yeahitscharlie

Okay so yesterday I added the 3000+ songs I ended up saving in a playlist after I reached the library limit.

At first they didn't show up in the mobile app. but today I checked and  they're all there.

Everything works perfect, issue is fixed for me.

yeahitscharlie_0-1590473586140.png

Metalliwolf

10k limit exists for free users unfortunately 😞

That's why I switched to Apple Music 🙂

Spot__On

Excellent news that the Library limit has now been removed.  This puts Spotify ahead of Apple Music, which has, last time I checked, a 100,000 track limit.  For fans of classical music and jazz, the old limit was quickly reached when you tried to "like" albums in order to index or bookmark them for later listening and easier discovery.  

Bruhdamn

Can someone link a playlist to me with over 11K songs I would like to see who has the longest playlist in all of Spotify considering this new update.

Spaceboy88

This thread isn’t about playlist size, it’s about library size. That means we want to add more thank 10K songs to our library (eg songs or albums).

DenalB

But with the help of such a playlist I can try to reach the 10k limit of my library.