Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android Auto] Browse large album library by artist

I want to efficiently browse a large library of albums on Android Auto.

This is browsing for albums I haven't chosen yet, not search. So using the alphabet search or voice commands are not useful.

It's impractical to browse a large album library using Android Auto. Recently played and newly add albums are at the top of the list. If I want browse albums I add some time ago I can only access them by scrolling many times and triggering the safety pause over and over. It takes too long which is a distraction on the road.

What I would like to see:

• Options to ALSO sort by new/recent DESCENDING so older selections are shown first
  • Options to sort by artist name ascending or descending
  • Options to sort by album name ascending or descending
  • Option to group albums by artist so I can select from a shorter list of artists first before choosing an album
  • In the artist view, give preference to showing albums I have in my library first over other choices. Right now browsing by artist doesn't show the albums in my library, which makes no sense to me
  • In the artist view give access to the entire artist discography. Right now the releases available when browsing by artist are limited.
Comments
Dian
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2023-10-10

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

wingee