Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Long Press on Android

For a week or two now I've lost the option to long-press on a song, album, etc. in order to access the menu for things like adding it to the queue or a playlist. This was by far the easiest way to interact with the app. Please reimplement this feature. Please. Like really. Please. 

Updated on 2021-06-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
beaurg

YES

FuriousStyles1

Completely agree.  I keep missing the three dots and start playing the song i wanted to add to queue.  It is very annoying because i never mess up with the long press.

brianelete

This have been already requested multiple times and had been implemented then removed if I read the other requests comments correctly. I think on iOS it's still works. Why not add it to android?

greenejs

I dont understand why they had a perfectly working function like this and just.. removed it..?? Like in what way did removing it improve anything? Just made the app way harder to use.

FuriousStyles1

Long press seems to be working again for me. Can anyone else confirm? I hope it's back for good because it's way easier than hitting the 3 dots.

greenejs

Also working for me on a Galaxy S10. Praise God they brought this back.

brianelete

It does not work on everything just songs I guess. It would be nice if you could long press on albums and lists on the main page in the app..

FuriousStyles1

It is working for albums. Just not from the home page. It will work inside your library.

typhin13

Currently works but only for your own saved playlists. I can't get it to work for any artists albums or playlists, I have to press the 3 dots on the right to get the menu. This has been a problem for when I'm making a queue including other songs not on a playlist of mine because I'll long press and nothing will happen until I let go, at which point it starts playing the song as if I just tapped on it once.

FuriousStyles1

@typhin13 it's working for me in every instance where you would normally have to hit the three dots. It would be nice if someone from spotify could clear this up though.