[Android][Playlists] Bring Back Mobile Playlist Sorting/Searching

It would appear that the newest update to mobile versions of Spotify have moved the Search/Filter options for playlist into a small context menu which is a few clicks and a scroll away.

I don't see the need for this - I (and I'm sure many others) use the search funtion and the sort functions all the time on mobile devices. So the fact that they have been moved elsewhere is really inconvenient - there was no need to do this.

Do other people agree that the search and sort functions need to be moved back to the playlist main screen?

Updated on 2019-09-19

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'. Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks

Comments
zenidealist

This was posted in 2018 and has 1700 votes and it's STILL not implemented? For every power user of your software, I think it is an inevitable desire to have a feature that allows us to search our playlists that we've taken years to build and have hundreds of songs on. It's annoying that I can't filter my playlists still honestly. Especially when I'm in a social situation and trying to share a song and spend 5 minutes scrolling through my larger playlists to showcase a song that on your platform! Look, coming from a fellow engineer I know that with enterprise software there's always more to it than it seems to implement a new feature like this but really all we are asking for is a front end search component that filters the playlist we're viewing, that in itself is not difficult. You can do this purely with whatever mobile application logic you're using to interact with your API and it'd improve the user experience of your users. You should really re-consider adding this feature if you haven't already. 

pson
Music Fan

The possibility to search and filter isn't gone, it's still under the three dots in the upper right corner.

Problem is that it's a lot less practical now than it was before when you could do it with one hand. Like with some other turns they've taken with this app.

jack0fhearts
Casual Listener

Bump - Im in the 2018 thread and still am waiting for the sort feature to be reverted back

Mmaxwell7281

It's clear spotify don't read or take any notice of this as they've not responded for a very long time. This looks like a designer has suggested creating a cleaner interface but to the detriment of the functionality. I mean, we now have that hideous colour gradient at the top of playlists which takes up a huge amount of user interface space... but no room for a search bar in catalogue application. Madness!

xuckmylife
Regular

Its unbelievable that they still haven't done something... I think this platform here is just to wasting time and not to accept the ideas of the users.. it's a shame.. I use spotify for more than 5 years premium now, I have a playlist with 1600 songs AND I HAVE A GALAXY S10+ !!! And it's not a smartphone to handle spotify easly with one hand. **bleep** guys.. **bleep** programmers.. every second day are updates.. but where it the changelog??? What are you updating the whole time??? 

Rizefall
Regular

It's actually mind boggeling they even changed this in the first place. There really wasn't a reason for it. Esp when the search bar is at the same place it was before, the only difference is that you have to go through more button presses to get to the same feature.

I'm rude af but the people that made this change should be fired.

AdamBeňko

I use search function almost every time I open the Spotify. My friend has iPhone and they still have the old search bar. Why are you doing this to the android users? 

fourganders

Just commenting to show my support for this. I can't understand why Spotify would take a nice, elegantly designed feature and deliberately make it worse.

Tom
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

Updated on 2019-09-19

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'. Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks

Mmaxwell7281

So what does it take to get the feature back? It to be rated a 'super-fantastic' idea? It was good enough to implement in the first instance just for one of your 'internal teams' to suggest it be removed.

Stop removing and frustrating basic features.

Design at the detriment of useability is never, never a smart move. Remember iTunes before they ruined it by tinkering with it too much? It's a music application. Being able to search music should be at the very trippy top of your list.