Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Remove the Shuffle / Play Button

Hi, I tried out your new design, which I have mixed feelings about, but nevermind that. The most annoying thing I come over in the new Spotify (for iPhone by the way) is the dumb, big, overlapping, unnecessary shuffle play button that pops up everywhere. Is this a bug or is this on purpose? Could at least had add an option for it. Also, it doesn't look streamlined at all with the current design. Did it even occur that not everyone wants a shuffle play button?

Updated on 2020-11-04

Hey folks,
As some of you will have noticed, this has changed on iOS.
We've updated the idea, so that we can update everyone more accurately with regards to Android.
We're marking this as a 'Good idea', too.
Please know that your feedback is reaching the right teams here.

We'll post an update if anything changes!
Thanks

Comments
will177

I’m on iOS and I see the play button but it has the shuffle sub icon on it. So when I press play it doesn’t start with the song on the top of the list of track shown. So I’m stuck with them playing in a random order. One day I’ll be able to play songs on Spotify in the correct sequential order for the album. Give us a normal play button for heaven sakes. Life is random enough right now. 
Thanks. 

biv_3

Dear Staff Commenter,

It seems like you have misunderstood what all the commenters on this thread have been asking because in the iOS "change" you refer to in your link it clearly says that the button is a "shuffle play" which is exactly what we have today. The only change that has been made is a design/cosmetic swap from a wide button to a round button.

To clarify again, we are asking to REMOVE SHUFFLE PLAY as the DEFAULT play button or allow users to set the functionality of the button to play/shuffle play through settings. Again, all the people in this thread do not like shuffle play nor do we ever wish to use it.

We appreciate the attention you have given to this request, but please make sure you fully understand what we are saying.

Thanks,

Roy

Capture.JPG

LucasLST

YES!

This changed on iOS and I am waiting for SINCE FEBRUARY, it seems that Spotify does not care for Android users, it is necessary to PLEASE for them to update our platform too, disappointing.

McUsher

This status update is a joke, right?

larzan
Yes, this can't be for real. " Please know that your feedback is reaching
the right teams here " 😄
Spotify can't possibly be reading this thread. If they do, they're a bunch
of **bleep**s or don't really care.
FuriousStyles1

So we have to vote for android to get the update that spotify said is "coming soon"?

biv_3
Unfortunately it seems that this is the only way Spotify hears from their
users.
LucasLST

I came back here to let you know that I canceled my premium.

Now I'm using YouTube Music, Spotify doesn't care about its users.

Paulmidders

Thank you everyone for all your comments. 

But it seems that Spotify does not really listen to us. All we are asking for is a menu option to remove it. 

Not too much to ask is it Spotify!!!!!!!!!

58 pages of comments can't be wrong, can they Spotify 

biv_3

I agree. 58 pages on a thread that was originally opened in 2014!

Main play button setting:
Shuffle Play
Normal Play

That's all.