Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Wear OS] Offline Music on Wear OS devices

Please add offline music support to the wearable without need to be connected to the main phone /tablet.

Eg Bluetooth headphones connected to my smartwatch listening to music while I'm running.

This is now supported by the watch OS http://officialandroid.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/jogging-and-jamming-with-android-wear.html?m=1

Updated on 2021-09-07

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the support you’ve shown in this idea and for the feedback since the roll-out began.

We’ve thoroughly relayed and discussed it with the Wear OS team and wanted to make a quick update on things you can expect to see first.

Regarding shuffle options, we’re happy to say that this feature is ready and will be gradually rolled out.

Separately, we can also confirm that the app keeps some info stored in order to reduce data usage. This includes previously played and downloaded content, which gets cleared when it hasn’t been played for a while. To offer the same amount of control as on the mobile app we’ll provide an option to manually clear the cache from the Settings menu.

Finally, we hear you on the point that the Spotify interface on your wrist should have the same Your Library as on other devices and have the same playlists available. If you don't see it already, you will soon.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts as we develop the Wear OS experience. We’ll keep you posted on any new updates, as soon as there are any.

Take care! 

Comments
miker954

Just got a Wear OS device a month ago and I'm pretty shocked/disappointed Spotify still hasn't made this a feature for Premium accounts. This is even MORE shocking given the recent cross promotion with Google where Spotify was giving away Google Home Minis to premium subscribers and new premium signups.

Clearly some kind of partnership exists between the two companies, get your acts together Google/Spotify and bring this much needed functionality to the WearOS Spotify app.

I realize Google probably doesn't care as it will force people to switch to Google Play Music...so perhaps that's the endgame.

jkcash

Please, please, please add this functionality.  I will drop Google Play like it's hot and sub Spotify when you do.  

cnhuey

One of the main reasons I bought my smartwatch was to go on runs without having to take my big phone. Seriously considering switching to Google Play for this reason.

Please add offline playback on Wear OS, Spotify.

iniemamocny

The spotify team prefers to do useless changes like changing the interface for the worse again and again, and removing useful functions instead of adding the features desired by paying customers. Get to work you lazy bums!

Rabvigil

It's been 4.5 years, a whole college generation has graduated from college and they probably have jobs already. 

IIIeka

Any updates from Spotify Team on this or are we all just talking to a brick wall?

Streki
I must use Google Music. There are not have offline problém whne I running. Spotify was fine but without this not for me.
0_a-20ww1rkv3

Pump!

Nanne-Stephan

Would love to see it. If I could just loadup a list of 20 to 30 songs, that would be great.

iniemamocny