Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Wear OS] Offline Music on Wear OS devices

Please add offline music support to the wearable without need to be connected to the main phone /tablet.

Eg Bluetooth headphones connected to my smartwatch listening to music while I'm running.

This is now supported by the watch OS http://officialandroid.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/jogging-and-jamming-with-android-wear.html?m=1

Updated on 2021-09-07

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the support you’ve shown in this idea and for the feedback since the roll-out began.

We’ve thoroughly relayed and discussed it with the Wear OS team and wanted to make a quick update on things you can expect to see first.

Regarding shuffle options, we’re happy to say that this feature is ready and will be gradually rolled out.

Separately, we can also confirm that the app keeps some info stored in order to reduce data usage. This includes previously played and downloaded content, which gets cleared when it hasn’t been played for a while. To offer the same amount of control as on the mobile app we’ll provide an option to manually clear the cache from the Settings menu.

Finally, we hear you on the point that the Spotify interface on your wrist should have the same Your Library as on other devices and have the same playlists available. If you don't see it already, you will soon.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts as we develop the Wear OS experience. We’ll keep you posted on any new updates, as soon as there are any.

Take care! 

Comments
iniemamocny

@Edimahler  It works, sort of. It's playing online, plays also from offline when playlists are downloaded, only two things that's not fully working, are: 

1. Counter of "favorite playlist" (or favorite songs, i don't know exactly what's the name in English for favorite playlist, mine is in Polish) - it shows only maximum of 50 songs in playlist, in the counter, and in the title list, other playlists seems to be ok. 

2. Deleting of downloaded songs - you can delete them in spotify app on the watch, but it doesn't free up memory on the watch(the songs are still present in memory). You can bybass it by manually clearing spotify app cache in app manager, but that's inconvenient.

xakal86

Hi everybody

Is anyone using Fitbit Versa3, is it working the offline music for this device with the app update? I wonder whether its Os has integrated WearOS functionalities and I'm considering purchasing one.

Thanks in advance. Salut!

wilkesy123

Have a new Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 with Wear OS 3 but not Spotify offline playback like on my Galaxy Watch 3 and Tizen which I use all the time running with my watch. When exactly is this update coming? Says coming weeks, what does that mean?

mdh177-gb

Just read this and fuming!! I've read everywhere that the Ticwatch 3 Pro (I have the cellular version) would work fine ...... but yep, no sign of any updates to allow downloads for offline playback!!!

Based on what I'd read I cancelled AMZ music a signed up with Spotify again..... Looks like I made an error doing so 😡😡😡

wilkesy123

Working on Galaxy Watch 4 now, had to go to settings/about watch/Storage allow and rebooted.

Colocho

on suunto 7, I'm only be able to download some suggested lists like "liked songs", but I can't look for some other lists I follow on my PC and phone, so I can't download them on my watch...I want to download my workout lists, but I can't...great update, but useless for me.

Novy
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2021-09-02

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that the Offline feature is now available for Wear OS devices. There's more info about it here.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

iniemamocny

@Novy...... Which runs with some major bugs, like for instance: clearing watch memory from deleted spotify content after you delete playlists. Or faulty liked songs counter.

iniemamocny

Also, I've just noticed - on top of those all bugs, you can't playback online songs from liked songs playlist. You need to download them 😆 but you can playback other playlists online 🤣

It's ridiculous 🙄

Novy
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2021-09-07

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the support you’ve shown in this idea and for the feedback since the roll-out began.

We’ve thoroughly relayed and discussed it with the Wear OS team and wanted to make a quick update on things you can expect to see first.

Regarding shuffle options, we’re happy to say that this feature is ready and will be gradually rolled out.

Separately, we can also confirm that the app keeps some info stored in order to reduce data usage. This includes previously played and downloaded content, which gets cleared when it hasn’t been played for a while. To offer the same amount of control as on the mobile app we’ll provide an option to manually clear the cache from the Settings menu.

Finally, we hear you on the point that the Spotify interface on your wrist should have the same Your Library as on other devices and have the same playlists available. If you don't see it already, you will soon.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts as we develop the Wear OS experience. We’ll keep you posted on any new updates, as soon as there are any.

Take care!