Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Automated "Smart" Playlists

I would absolutely love to have the ability to create a playlist that can automatically update based on songs that I've recently played. This is the only feature Apple Music had that is superior to Spotify. 

Essentially, you could create a "smart" playlist and setup a few simple parameters such as:

• Number of songs in playlist (50, 100, 150, 200)
  • Time frame (past 30 days, past 60 days, past 90, past 180 days)
  • Specify type of songs (i.e. recently played or most played)

The smart playlist would update live and be automated. What I love most about this feature is the ability to have a larger playlist for recently or most played songs. Sometimes I hear a song I haven't heard in a while that I love and want to keep in my rotation, but it easily gets lost if I don't manually add it to a playlist. A "smart" playlist would remedy this problem. When the song finishes, it would be marked as recently played so the next time that song comes up, I would listen to it again, keeping it in this automated playlist, pushing out the least played song, until it eventually falls off when I start to skip it. Optimized automation at its finest!

I'm grateful we at least have the "on repeat" playlist, but I find 30 is too small of a number and also find that it updates haphazardly, not on a recurring or established frequency.