Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Automated "Smart" Playlists

I would absolutely love to have the ability to create a playlist that can automatically update based on songs that I've recently played. This is the only feature Apple Music had that is superior to Spotify. 

Essentially, you could create a "smart" playlist and setup a few simple parameters such as:

• Number of songs in playlist (50, 100, 150, 200)
  • Time frame (past 30 days, past 60 days, past 90, past 180 days)
  • Specify type of songs (i.e. recently played or most played)

The smart playlist would update live and be automated. What I love most about this feature is the ability to have a larger playlist for recently or most played songs. Sometimes I hear a song I haven't heard in a while that I love and want to keep in my rotation, but it easily gets lost if I don't manually add it to a playlist. A "smart" playlist would remedy this problem. When the song finishes, it would be marked as recently played so the next time that song comes up, I would listen to it again, keeping it in this automated playlist, pushing out the least played song, until it eventually falls off when I start to skip it. Optimized automation at its finest!

I'm grateful we at least have the "on repeat" playlist, but I find 30 is too small of a number and also find that it updates haphazardly, not on a recurring or established frequency. 

Comments
bapestar666

check out http://smarterplaylists.playlistmachinery.com/

discovered it yesterday and it pretty much does exactly what you're after - and a bunch more. good luck

GiveMeMyMusac

This was really difficult for me to detach from when making the switch from iTunes to Spotify.

Smart Playlists are so darn powerful!!