Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Categories/ Genre labels within playlists

So currently I end up making a bunch of playlists for related genres, or subgenres.

Best example I have is Techno. I have an industrial/raw techno playlist, an acid techno one, deep dark and melodic, light and melodic etc.

This creates many playlists where genres I enjoy are siloed in their respective playlist.

But I'm sure you recognize this; sometimes I'll feel in the mood for two of them instead of solely one genre. Then I need to constantly switch playlists.

I have a solution. Labels. Imagine you could label each song you add to your playlist, like you would attach categories to emails in your inbox. That way we would be able to add all techno related songs into one massive playlist, yet when we feel like listening to specific subcategories we could select these labels within the playlist in order to filter the playlist to show and play only those.

It would make the playlists extremely flexible, and you have another one up on the competition 😉

Much love, keep dancing,

Rick & Seboozetian

Comments
TanyaS

A tag would very helpful to sort within the list

Grandmaster_Magic

First of all, respect to your techno roots, I love pre-2000s techno as well. 🙂

Now to the nitty-gritty, custom playlist tags, sort of like the tags right here in the Spotify Community, would definitely be a great addition to playlists. Especially for Spotify DJs/playlist curators like me who are very enthusiastic about music and want to spread that musical discovery to others, I think having playlist tags would be a great thing for people looking for a specific kind of music, as well as for music discovery.

umulie1992

I agree. I would love to have tags or labels on the individual songs, so I can connect them to multiple moods, memories or situations.