Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Community] Remove the name "Remastered" from album and track titles by creating a stamp

Many album and track titles come with "Remastered". Is something too boring in both the album titles and the tracks: "Remastered". I took a print and marked it in red. Spotify should create a "Remastered" label and remove this from album and track titles.ffff.png

Observation:

There is another highly voted suggestion similar to mine that already has 500 votes. Link: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Library-Edit-track-metadata/idi-p/5196177/page/3#co...

The two suggestions are similar and together they count over 800 votes and are suggesting the same thing: that the album and track titles are correct and in accordance with the standard norm.

Sem título.png

What will the team do?

Updated on 2021-11-29

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
ArthRMH

they don't wanna put it as a live idea idk why, so keep on voting 😼

metiws

OH GOD, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

sasshi

awesome ideia, cleaner interface and will help the last.fm users a lot

Novy
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-11-29

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

artful_dodger59

That would require making the customer happy something Spotify constantly fails to do. It would also require a bit of work another thing they don't do.

DamonDays

This is like my dream come true, I've had enough of random tracks changing names and remastered tags.

SmirkingMan

This is a really essential change. The problem is that suffixing "remastered 2009" makes the track name different from the original, which prevents removing duplicates.

aaronclawrence

It's quite funny that Spotify is (supposedly) obsessed with removing "clutter" from their User Interface.

Then they let the music companies fill up every song title with clutter saying thats it remastered.

aaronclawrence

Personally I don't want to be able to (have to) manually edit all the song titles just to fix it. There are hundreds of them in my library my now.  I want Spotify to do it for me. So I don't regard editing track meta data as a solution to this.

dead_wrestler

This likely just exposes the inadequacy of the data model, where Spotify likely has no concept of when two tracks are different masterings of the same recording, or two recordings of the same work, and the artist resorts to including things like this in title.

Add to the list 'explicit', 'featuring', 'live at...', etc.