Disability Concession for disabled people

I do notice that there is not enough kudos for this topic.    Are you sure?  
I strongly believe that if you have discounts for students - able bodied in most senses- then physical and intellectually disabled people should receive the same concessions.

Monitoring the bona fide of this would not be hard.  The user would need to submit the details of their concession card.

I am writing this on behalf of my intellectually disabled sister who loves her music.  She has limited finances, and any financial discount helps her to access other things.

I just cannot believe in this age, that there is not enough “kudos” for this.   I’m sure the artist who get a token amount of money from Spotify would agree to monetary concessions to disabled people.
Spotify could do a great service to themselves and the community to concede to such an idea.   Don’t forget it is 2021.  
Get with the times please

Stan Kluzek.

Updated on 2021-10-13

Hello everyone,

As this idea being submitted multiple times, we've decided to merge all similar ideas we were able to find into one and tally up their vote count.

You can keep voting for it and we'll follow up once it reaches the required vote count of 180 total votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
jenash44
Visitor
I would really like to see Spotify give the elderly and or disabled the same break in price as they do the students. I am both and had to cancel my premium because I simply can't afford it.
Thanks for listening and caring 🙂
blake
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2017-08-10

Marked as New Idea and edited title to make it easier to find via search. This is a repost of the following inactive idea.

sonya6

kerrycmitchell
Music Fan

This is something Spotify should consider. I fully support this idea. The disabled and many seniors live on extremely limited incomes. 

gospelhockeylov
Visitor

sonya6, we receive less than people making minimum wage.

user-removed
Not applicable

I too would like to see this price introduced for elderly and disabled patrons. 

I am the latter. No family. Not a student. Yet I listen to music too. Be fair eh. 

diegoandresh
Casual Listener

I think this is a great idea!

floydaintpink

Being both disabled as well as early pensioner I fully support the idea.

@sonya6Please let me know where disabled and elderly people get extra money from. Is that applicable in Germany, too? I have never heard about that even though I have been an early persioner since 2010.

user-removed
Not applicable

Will we get a reply from Spotify here? I hope so. 

VictoriaJane_xx
Casual Listener

I agree. I'm also in the same position.