Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Podcasts] Sort by Unplayed/Recently Updated

Currently, the only way to listen to unplayed podcasts on desktop is to open a phone and check the feed there, or check every podcast individually for new content. That's 100% unacceptable, and has been for years.

Give us a podcast view that we can sort / filter by unplayed episodes or recent uploads. If you want to be the industry leader in streaming, you can't ignore table-stakes functionality because of "100 kudos" horsesh*t.

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
nicklorang

Agreed! I'd like to see the same three views for podcasts on desktop as we have on mobile: Episodes, Downloads, and Shows (or at least Episodes and Shows). The playlist experience on desktop is my #1 complaint about Spotify right now, and the main reason I've switched back to using Apple Podcasts.

chublord

Same. It's funny that their neglect on this simple issue is what continues to open the door to my consideration of other streaming platforms.

Guido
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2019-11-01

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

evansknowles

YES PLEASE! I decided I would try to switch to Spotify for podcasts, but have changed my mind because it's not worth switching if I can't easily go through my unplayed episodes on my desktop.

DBjor

Totally agree. The podcast section on the desktop version is utterly flawed. It hasn't been updated for ages! Everytime the desktop version is updated I'm hoping for a miracle... but it seems that Spotify doesn't care all that much about podcasts.

mictus0712

How is this not a feature already? As mentioned above, the mobile apps so this so much better with the views of episodes, downloads and shows. Just bring that across to the desktop and it would be such a huge quality of life improvement

dfoote3

This is a MUST. Not being able to filter by date/unplayed is a huge flaw and just totally frustrating in general. I have to go to my phone, select the podcast I want to listen to, and then connect it to my desktop. No one wants to do that. Come on Spotify you're better than this!!

jloosbrock

This is NOT a new idea. You should go back and count all of the votes on all of the previous postings of this same idea that didn't make it - it's obviously something that lots of people want. The current desktop podcast interface is borderline useless, and this is a simple way to make it usable.

jazakari

Agreed, I'm hopeful that we will finally get enough votes for this to get looked at.

ciaranlohan84

I don't understand how this can be a feature on the Spotify app, yet isn't implemented on the desktop version.

A list of the most recent episodes is pretty basic functionality.

All other podcast programs seem to be able to implement it, so I'll stick with others until Spotify can implement this.