Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover] Please add a "Not Interested" Button

As the title suggests, it would be useful if Spotify had a "not interested" button like YouTube does for videos. I have been using Spotify for many years and still receive a lot of recommendations for playlists and podcasts that I am simply not interested in. One such example is "Learn Korean and Korean Culture" by jerry. I have no interest in learning Korean whatsoever, so it would be useful for me to remove recommendations such as these.

Updated on 2023-06-14

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all the support and feedback you've given to this idea!

We have some exciting news to share with you: in the mobile app, it's now possible to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of your Home screen by tapping Not interested in the context menu of the cards:

Novy_0-1686755794208.png

The content you mark as "not interested" will instantly be removed from your subfeed and won't show up again. Any other songs/albums/episodes by that artist/podcast show will also be filtered out from future recommendations.

After tapping Not interested, an Undo button will pop up at the bottom of the screen for a short time so you can revert the changes.

Keep in mind that this feature is gradually rolling out, so if you don't see the button in the context menu of the cards, we'd recommend making sure that you're running the latest version of Spotify. If you're having trouble with, or have any other questions about this feature, feel free to reach out in the relevant Help board here.

Thanks again for helping us make Spotify better. We're always striving to provide the best possible user experience and your feedback is always appreciated.

Comments
Alex
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-10-12

Hello @jasonedokpa,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

awenohi

ABSOLUTELY. It drives me insane. I've been using Spotify for literally half a decade and it STILL seems to believe I am somehow interested in podcasts about living on 150 bucks a month. Never played ONE.

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-10-15

Hey! Looks like that your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues to be supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your idea. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

vholland11

I can’t stand it anymore, it’s so annoying that spotify continues to recommend random podcast, I really need a “no interested” button… this is driving me crazy btw

Vladimir-R

Hello. Please make a button "Not Interested"
It's really unbearable. The home page turns into a trash heap of uninteresting offers, and there is no way to hide or remove from offers.

Warcat

Yeah. it would be cool if this would be a thing. Especially in the Discover tab. There are Albums that don't have to do anything with my listening habits and so it is a cool idea if these suggestions can be altered in this way.

Sebax_aka_walker

Is a must have!! Like a dislike button

Antpoolio

I'm just echoing what everyone else has said. I get recommended stupid "comedy" podcasts when all I listen to is music and ONE BASEBALL podcast - and that doesn't even show up on my main screen!

Why on earth they don't allow people PAYING for this service to be able to custom what they want easier is baffling. 

IAshleyBlackI

I was about to suggest something similar. I really want an option to not get songs that I've previously marked not to play. I also would like the option not to play previously liked songs so that it is easier to know which songs I have and have not liked when trying to build my liked list of songs.

IVS3

So, I’ve received some recommendations for different podcasts, but the truth is I did not enjoy any of that at all. I’ve listened to some pretty lame ones and the algorithm understood that those were my preferences. But they were not and now I’m stuck with those suggestions, and I can’t seem to remove them from my list. So, as it already is available for music, it would be nice to have a “do not play” or “don’t like it” for podcasts.