Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Other] Lyrics Sharing

Hello! Here's my idea!

One of the best parts about listening to songs is that it reminds you of things, people, places, memories, pretty much anything! Especially song lyrics, right? Sometimes a whole song can remind you of someone but more often than not, it's a couple of lyrics that hits the mark!

Imagine how nice it would be if there was a feature that enabled you to share a single line, or a stanza alone from a whole song to someone! It would be a more accurate dedication of a song to someone and we won't need to worry about having to listen to the whole song >_<  Something to definitely try out. 

There could be an option to send out the lyrics through other social media apps! The prompt could read, 'Vizz(name) has dedicated these lyrics to you' OR 'Vizz(name) was reminded of you when listening to (song)' 

Well, that's basically IT! 

Thank you for reading!  

Updated on 2021-11-22

Hello @arkangel-glitch,

Thanks for your feedback. We’ve heard you and we’re happy to announce Lyrics are here with the sharing feature!

You can find Lyrics on Free and Premium for users across iOS and Android devices, desktop, gaming consoles, and TV.

To learn more about the roll out and how to access lyrics, view this announcement. 

Cheers 🎵

Comments
itsmeycrazymae

Hi, Spotify! I like your idea of putting an option where we can highlight and share the lyrics on social media. It saddened me that it was just a test but please continue putting that option. Also, can't you make it more than 5 lines instead of just 5 lines? Hehe thank you and I hope y'all are having a good day 💚💗💚

pseudophtgrphr

+1 to this

Luan
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-05-08

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as 'New Suggestion'.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Luan
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-06-30

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion!

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

Mario
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-07-27

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

ericgraeme

I remember it being a feature and using it a while ago but it just disappeared suddenly. It's a great feature and sharing it as an image / to Instagram stories would be nice to have. 

Luan
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-10-21

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos yet. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to continue sharing it to get more kudos. Folks can still add their votes and comments in order to support it.

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

IsleyP
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2021-11-22

Hello @arkangel-glitch,

Thanks for your feedback. We’ve heard you and we’re happy to announce Lyrics are here with the sharing feature!

You can find Lyrics on Free and Premium for users across iOS and Android devices, desktop, gaming consoles, and TV.

To learn more about the roll out and how to access lyrics, view this announcement. 

Cheers 🎵

krazhemirblaze

This feature has been removed in the recent updates, is it possible to bring it back? And it would be great if we'd be able to select the which part of the Lyrics we want to share through other social media platforms. 

Fabio_mrrn

Since Spotify added the new Feature with viewing Lyrics and sharing them, we have only been able to share them in 2 Apps, my Idea is to expand the Amount of supported Apps.

So basically I‘d like to have Apps such as iMessage, Snapchat, WhatsApp (etc.) added.

If this is possible, I‘d love to see that in one of the coming updates, or maybe in a slow roll out.