Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Browse] Bring back like indicator on album/playlist

Spotify just decided to remove the most useful feature of likes—the ability to see which songs you've liked in albums and playlists. I used likes to see which songs I've listened to before, which songs I've liked, which albums I like more than other albums, etc, etc. And now all it does is spit the song into a giant, undifferentiated "likes" playlist. Bring back likes! What purpose does it serve to remove them except make the experience worse for long-time, loyal users?

Updated on 2023-02-20

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Luan
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2023-02-03

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as 'New Suggestion'.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

milkmaidmafia

I really do miss the like indicator. I am a premium user. The heart as a marker was easy to spot, and helped to identify favorites with a single glance, for example, it was nice to see some songs already had a heart in newly discovered playlists. It is also a bit annoying when I want to add a song to my favourites, and it is already in my favourites, I only know this when the dialogue for choosing the Playlist is open. So I have to open and close the dialogue as opposed to a simple non-interactive glance at the track if there is a heart. The only good thing is to be able to put a song to different playlists in one dialogue, but I am sure this could be possible without kicking the heart symbol on the curb 🙂

cristi_rusu

As a person who doesn't create dedicated albums, but only adds the songs to the "Liked Songs" playlist (by the heart icon), and let's the Spotify algorithm do it's magic in recommendations, removing the heart icon decreases my user experience drastically.

I tend to discover new music album by album, and artist by artist.

The hear icon let's me see at a glance that I have already listened to this album and liked the songs I enjoyed, as well as display the individual liked songs at a glance.

Removing the green heart icon makes discovering new songs a lot more inconvenient, as I can't know easily which songs I liked and which ones are new.

It is also a lot more inconvenient to add multiple songs to favourites, since the albums modal is opened for each song, instead of being able to like multiple songs with a couple of simple and quick swipes.

I believe that the heart icon functionality should be the default one, and adding a song to a specific album should be accomplished through the song's extended actions menu.

A common middle-ground for users that prefer the old behaviour of a hear icon, and the ones that prefer an add to album button, would be to let the users configure this behaviour in the settings.

This will ensure that no old functionality is removed and all users can remain happy.

Being a long time active user, having such a core functionality removed is very frustrating and inconvenient.

rob618

I agree 100 percent. Very disappointed to see this feature removed as I used to every day to identify which songs I “liked” from albums. There was no reason to remove it.

sithstriker124

Ditto the concerns above. This seems almost insane. Now I have to drag a song to see if I liked it in the first place. I do like the like the swipe to add it to a playlist, but ideally I’d like 3 easy actions on a song. Add it to queue, like, or add to playlist. Maybe a double tap to like it? 

乃卂乃ㄚ乇匚卄ㄖ0_Official

...i have the same thing here

or here

if this post is helpful hit the "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like. follow my spotify? and community account here

Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.0_0-1676324879092.png

cristi_rusu

Looks like Spotify returned the likes in the latest update.

Thank you for listening to users' feedback!

milkmaidmafia

I installed the newest update right now, even reinstalled the whole app, still no hearts or visible likes in my UI 😞

(iOS)

乃卂乃ㄚ乇匚卄ㄖ0_Official

what do you mean

if this post is helpful hit the "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like. follow my spotify? and community account here

Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.Screen recording 2023-02-16 4.31.58 PM.gif

cristi_rusu

Spotify removed the likes again, after adding them back for a day. Weird.