Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Playlists] Remove Apple Watch 50 Song Limit

I am so grateful that we finally can download Spotify playlists on the Apple Watch, but I was pretty disappointed to find out that there is a 50 song limit per playlist. I’m not sure if that is on purpose for formatting or storage concerns, but I would love to see that limit removed so that I can download full playlists to my Watch and listen to all my music without having to have my phone on me. 

Updated on 2023-07-05

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that now there’s a limit of 100 downloads per playlist. There's more info here.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
Samuelzac23

Currently using the offline mode on my apple watch which was highly anticipated. This will definitely be way better than carrying my phone while running. Although the only downside is that it’s only capped to the first 50 songs. Hope that full playlist can be downloadable soon. 

joe_main

This was such an anticlimax to discover. We’ve been waiting four years for offline playback, waited an additional >1 month after the announcement, and now find there’s a 50 track limit? It doesn’t even make sense given that you can have many playlists, but each is limited?

Spotify, thanks for the offline feature, but it won’t be useful until you remove this stupid illogical limit

UmpaIumpa

None of my playlists download to my Apple Watch. None of them. Not even a playlist with 1 single song. And it's not due to my device being too old (Series 4) and has 9GB free storage and 100% battery life.

indeed very disappointing to learn that even when it will work, in another couple of months, it will be limited to 50 songs...

joe_main

This happened to me at first. I removed the download, closed Spotify in the background, removed Spotify from the watch on the watch app, restarted the watch, and added it to the watch again. Then did the three dots and download again, and it worked

bryan_mccomb

@joe_main that’s what I don’t understand, a song limit might make sense, but limiting per playlist seems kinda useless. Limiting at all is just annoying, if I want 18GB of music on my 20GB Apple Watch that should be my choice

heathervee7

i have plenty of playlists that are well over 50 songs that i like to listen to on shuffle.  i'm sure many many others do as well.  this 50 song limit per playlist is a pain.  breaking those playlists out into groups of 50 songs defeats the purpose of being able to shuffle through hundreds of songs, not to mention a lot of work.  disappointed.

JJ_990

The limit is real pain.. I was so happy to see offline mode for Apple Watch but one reason I switched back and forth between Apple Music and Spotify is this feature. With Apple Music it’s simply Amazing to use on the watch and Spotify is getting there but the 50 songs limit is really disappointing in my opinion. Would really appreciate the remove of this limit!

RoniGavrilov

Hello Spotify,

I'm so glad and thankful that I finally can achieve my dream,
"

I have a dream of running without any equipment except my Airpods pro and a future Apple watch.
Recently I bought an Apple watch, Nike series 6, to run without my iPhone 11 pro max.
I downloaded Spotify App to the watch, but I can't find the "download" option for offline use.
I do not have a cellular watch, but a wifi one, and I want to use it without any network connection. 

"
But now, after waiting so long, spending lots of nerves, we have this senseless limitation that is so exhausting, and not only me but I bet so many people, which makes me wonder why we choose to stay with you.

I'm not even talking about the issue I currently have (the download is stuck and seems to not function) because I'm sure you will fix it, but please, do not limit us.

Please stay loyal to your customers, as we are to you.

BR,

Roni Gavrilov.

MarekSvoboda

The 50 song limit is mentioned in the official support article, so it is definitely intentional:

"Note: There’s a download limit of 50 tracks per playlist."

Source: Spotify on Apple Watch

Please, remove this limit! Most of my playlists have >50 songs and my watch still has plenty of storage available - I'm finally excited to make some good use of it!