Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Your Library] Pin a filter type to make it the default Library sorting.

With the new update to the library that brings in filters for Library and a single list, I and I assume many users would like a way to default a filter to Library.

For example, I want the ability to pin the "Playlists" filter as default so that whenever i open Library it automatically opens the view on "Playlists" instead of having a single list of everything tucked together.

This would mean anyone who only used Playlists (or Artists or Albums) before the new update would get something similar while people who like the new update could just opt to not pin any filters.

Updated on 2022-09-07

Hey! It seems this suggestion is on the road again, so we are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues to be supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Inudesu

I mean, this issue is more or less why I turned off updates on my phone after getting a test version of this library view.

Who would ever want all their podcasts and playlists and albums all in one long list? And then to have to filter in and out all the time?

I can't believe those of y'all that got stuck with this can't at least set a default filter.

eutrasynthemus

Agreed - throwing my support behind this very needed feature fix!

Daboiy

When I tap "your library" It should automatically revert to Playlist> By you> Custom order. I shouldn't have to tap on 3 to 4 things to get to where I want. Its that simple.