Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] 8D Surround Sound

With the reemergance of layered/3D/8D/headphones only audio videos on youtube, I would love to see an option like that become available for Spotify. It would:

A.) create competitive edge over all other streaming platforms

B.) potentially become a money making premium only feature (free to trial first of course)

C.) be a great way to connect with artists who truly care about their musical output and the experience for listeners

D.) be really freaking awesome.

Here's a list of songs that would be grerat in 8D:

Slow Dancing In The Dark – Joji

3005 – Childish Gambino

You Should See Me In A Crown – Billie Eilish

Wait a Minute! – Willow

SUMMER – BROCKHAMPTON

Call Out My Name – The Weeknd

and basically every song ever because music is wonderful

Updated on 2021-06-07

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
HackX_1

8D is not real, it's just the song going left to right using stereo. It would be useless and will only cause ignorance to people. Believing that 8D is real

LukeRRider

This would be awesome! It would be fairly simple to implement some sort of 8D filter that could change the orientation with the best automatically. Add a switch to the now playing page to enable immersive audio

LukeRRider

@HackX_1 wrote:

8D is not real, it's just the song going left to right using stereo. It would be useless and will only cause ignorance to people. Believing that 8D is real

Yes the term 8D audio is misleading, but the effect is undoubtedly real and cool to experience even if it is just a dumb party trick. I don't really see a need for this feature besides the fact it would be cool but I don't see any harm in it

8D_Playlist

I have recently stareted an 8D Record label and playlist releasing 8D mixes for anyone who wants to have a listen - spotify:user:qtgonjpj7wgy0xn9v2ualbznr:playlist:4VDwwSyvOcWhHSliKdFVPn

bigearinc

Which Ear Plugs Would You Recommend?

Recommending an ear plug isn't as simple as it appears to be nor is picking one. How viable is an earplug can be dictated by a Noise Reduction Rating, i.e. NRR which regularly goes from 15-35 decibels? The higher the rating, the more protection it can provide. Practically speaking the security that typically can be accomplished is somewhere close to 10-20 decibels. Note that all the more cautiously you fit and wear hearing protectors, the higher your assurance will be. Indeed, even the bestof earplugs may feel awkward from the outset, yet allow yourself to become accustomed to them, similarly as you do with a couple of new spectacles or a couple of shoes. Below is a list of some earplugs that are designed to help you select the best ear plugs according to your need.

Sbn06

I like the idea, I agree with it but i would like to add also a 9D/10D option for Premium accounts aand the 8D to be for free accounts.

Mario
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-06-07

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Sohaibahmadu

Its great idea but if they release this feature soon, than Spotify will grow more.

Spotify can win heart ♥.