Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Native app for Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX)

Hello!

I'd like to Have native app for new mbux. 

I know that I can use the app with the Phone, but a native app without needing to use the phone would be cool!
Mercedes will use the mbux on all its machines and it could be a good choice for spotify!

Thanks!

Updated on 2021-06-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
pepelgfloria

Newest MBUX works with Amazon Music and Tidal directly without needing to use the phone. WHY NOT SPOTIFY? This should be fairly simple to implement! I see the date of this thread is from 2019! I thinks it’s about time to sort this out. I have had Spotify Premium for almost a decade now but tbh music in the car is really important. I don’t want to move to Tidal and lose all the lists I have dedicated hours to create.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE 

nonilion
  • Going to switch to Tidal if Spotify native app is not going to appear on MBUX in my CLA 2020.
Mario
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-06-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

nonilion

Well about time... MBUX is primary OS for all new Mercedes! Better late than never.

Alanford69

I just got a new Mercedes Car with MBUX and I am very disappointed to find out that still there is no native SPOTIFY app while Tidal and Amazon Music apps are available. In my previous VOLVO car infotainment system the native Spotify app was available and this is the main reason why I have Spotify in addition to Qobuz excellent music service. I have CarPlay but I find that needing to connect my iPhone all the times is very annoying.

J4eni

YES PLEASE!!! 

There already is a native Amazon Prime Music integration, so where is Spotify??

hajarada

10 months after the announcement that the idea has reached the “internal teams” any chance this idea is anywhere near becoming a reality?

Volvo and BMW have an excellent native Spotify app since years.  I leased a brand new Mercedes E  and I just discovered the lack of it … what a disappointment.

Mossi777

Excellent idea. I currently connect through Carplay, but this has limited functionality. 

rkoo88

Excellent idea!  Thanks and hope it gets implemented soon. 

Side note, I just posted the idea below. Am I the only one with the issue on MBUX!?  I could not find it referenced elsewhere….

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Add-iOS-playlist-support-to-Mercedes-MBUX-system/idi-p/5...