Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Option to remove DJ from Your Library

I recently tried the new DJ feature and, afterwards, the DJ playlist icon appeared in my Library. I did not pin this feature. I also cannot remove said feature. Why does a one-time use turn into permanent residence?

DJ.jpg

Updated on 2023-07-30

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
77cats

I too want to get rid of that stupid things, it's in Beta, so just scrap it! I want to choose what goes into my playlist and there's nothing worse than a parasitic function trying to take away your control over a paid service.

emilia4994

Almost a year after... please make this intrusive feature removable! Give us the choice at least 

Marion15

The reason I joined Spot is I couldn't tolerate a excited noisy bot yelling in my ears. please let me disable the feature.

At another suggestion I tried to move it to a unused list then delete the list. It was gone untill the next day and its back If don't touch it or open it It doesn't Intervene to my playlists.It's still so creepy I don't like seeing it.

darthbruce

Please make the DJ feature removable or offer more voices/ styles of the DJ. The Spotify year-end review tells me that I listened to 32 different genres last year and the "yo, yo, yo" style style “jock” does not fit with any of them. Its a very short-sighted (and anoying) feature.

fransierra

Please provide an option to remove DJ from my library. This feature is not good at all.

hollyklarsen

Can I get an amen on this one??? The DJ feature was terrible for me. 

bluemikey

Why is this still unremovable? One of the dumbest things you've ever done. It makes me dislike Spotify every time I see it.

shakeheartbreak

Oh great!  "DJ" now appears as a permanent "option" in my playlist bar even though I've used it for about 20 seconds and hated it because all it wants to do is serve up music and I already know.

I can remove playlists I genuinely have made but I can't kill this one?  How do I remove this, Spotify?

Marion15

I've tried several suggestions and some worked until the next restart, Afterwards it was there and simple to ignore unless I touched it again. I wish it were gone but as long as isn't get touched it seams to be inactive.

I've also complained in the follow up surveys, In case a breathing person might be paying attention.

I wonder why they would try to insist a user should use it? A option should be the simple solution.

Kolopollo

PLEASE REMOVE THE INVASIVE DJ-PLAYLIST FROM MY PERSONAL PLAYLIST, I DON'T WANT TO SEE IT!