How about a function that when turned on, only allows the queing of music (i.e instead of dubblevclicking to play the next song, it will just be que'd)? This would be great if u have a party and don't peolple changing midtrack all the time.
[Wow! Great to see that my idea has gained support, seems like I wasn't the only one that thought that this would be a great idea. As requested; I'll edit my post to better explain the idea]
# Main Goal #
The main purpose of this feature is to be able to set Spotify in a partymode preventing people
from randomly changing tracks in the middle of a song.
Partymode will be easy to customize with several options making it suitable for all types of parties.
This feature will only be accessible with Spotify Premium.
Partymode will also decrease the number of fist fights dramaticly and therefore lead to a much better party-experience.
# Options #
* Enable/Disable partymode. (If partymode is enabled when logging out, it will be enabled on logon).
* Password protection. (If you want to set a partymode password. Default is Spotify password.)
* Allow skipping to next song? (Yes/no).
* Volume lock. (Prevent volume from being changed).
# Queuing #
- Only allow queuing new tracks. (Prevents people from changing tracks in the middle of a song).
- Only allow queuing X songs within Y second (Spam protection).
- Only allow queuing X songs from same artist. (Spam protection).
- If no songs in queue, play music from this playlist: <playlist>.
- Time limit (Not allowed to queue songs longer that X minutes).
* Exclude genres, artists and songs.
* Store partymode to playlist: <playlist> (prevents clearing the queue on logout/login).
# Admin mode #
- Unlock partymode.
- Delete from queue.
- Re-order queue.
- Change track instantly.
- Set/change partymode password.
- Enable partymode.
# Defaults #
* Lock existing playlists so that they can't be modified or deleted.
* Partymode will not scrobble to last.fm.
* Partymode will prevent access to social networks.
* Purchases will not be allowed in partymode.
* Disable access to Inbox and other personal information.
Though I must say the way to controll the volume while you'r having a party is to use a spotify remote app instead. Way too easy to just crank up the speaker volume even if you have a volume lock.]
Hey folks! We've passed this feedback on to the team behind the new Party feature--they're always looking for great inspiration. We're changing this to 'Good Idea' and we'll let you know if we have plans to work on this. Thanks!