How about a function that when turned on, only allows the queing of music (i.e instead of dubblevclicking to play the next song, it will just be que'd)? This would be great if u have a party and don't peolple changing midtrack all the time.
[Wow! Great to see that my idea has gained support, seems like I wasn't the only one that thought that this would be a great idea. As requested; I'll edit my post to better explain the idea]
# Main Goal #
The main purpose of this feature is to be able to set Spotify in a partymode preventing people
from randomly changing tracks in the middle of a song.
Partymode will be easy to customize with several options making it suitable for all types of parties.
This feature will only be accessible with Spotify Premium.
Partymode will also decrease the number of fist fights dramaticly and therefore lead to a much better party-experience.
# Options #
* Enable/Disable partymode. (If partymode is enabled when logging out, it will be enabled on logon).
* Password protection. (If you want to set a partymode password. Default is Spotify password.)
* Allow skipping to next song? (Yes/no).
* Volume lock. (Prevent volume from being changed).
# Queuing #
- Only allow queuing new tracks. (Prevents people from changing tracks in the middle of a song).
- Only allow queuing X songs within Y second (Spam protection).
- Only allow queuing X songs from same artist. (Spam protection).
- If no songs in queue, play music from this playlist: <playlist>.
- Time limit (Not allowed to queue songs longer that X minutes).
* Exclude genres, artists and songs.
* Store partymode to playlist: <playlist> (prevents clearing the queue on logout/login).
# Admin mode #
- Unlock partymode.
- Delete from queue.
- Re-order queue.
- Change track instantly.
- Set/change partymode password.
- Enable partymode.
# Defaults #
* Lock existing playlists so that they can't be modified or deleted.
* Partymode will not scrobble to last.fm.
* Partymode will prevent access to social networks.
* Purchases will not be allowed in partymode.
* Disable access to Inbox and other personal information.
Though I must say the way to controll the volume while you'r having a party is to use a spotify remote app instead. Way too easy to just crank up the speaker volume even if you have a volume lock.]
Updated on 2017-06-15
Hey @blurk and everyone else that has voted for this idea. We're back to update this status to 'Not Right Now'--but that's mostly because there so are many requests in one idea. It's very unlikely that we'll implement all of these and all at the same time.
The best thing to do would be to create new ideas for queuing, admin mode, defaults etc. We can then be more specific with each status. For instance, multiuser collaboration is something we're interested in, but we're less likely to implement the queueing changes.
Thanks for all your feedback you've left here. We're continuing to pass it on to our internal teams.