Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Partnerships] Kodi Plugin (XBMC)

Hey,

how about an official Spotify XBMC Plugin, so that many users of this gorgeous media center can experience

the best music jukebox on their TV's.

I know that there are some unofficial Apps like Spotimc or Spotixbmc etc, but those are very buggy and don´t look professional.

A XBMC Plugin would be a epic win!

Updated on 2020-10-14

Hey folks, 
We wanted to post an update as we haven't posted here recently.
We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.
We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance.
Our blog is the best place to keep an eye out for any possible news or partnership updates.
Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

Comments
Janver

I'm amazed there isn't Spotify on XBMC.

I was planning to get a Inten NUC with XBMC but now probably will have to wait. Or find a suitable 2 way setup on the NUC; i.e. Windows (with Foobar/JRiver) switiching with XBMC for Movies. But don't know how the lady will react to that.

joelslaw

Janver, just to be clear, there is no official spotify plugin for XBMC. However, you can use an unofficial plugin, like Spotimc (if you have a premium account). I personally use Spotimc and it works pretty well, but it would be nice to have something official that gets regular updates and supports all of the Spotify features.

bobi1024

I also would like to see Spotify addon for XBMC. After the latest redesign, the Radio tab on the Linux app is not showing any content. So now I'm using the web player, but I can't use the media keys. The unoffical addon Spotimc is working, but is laking a some things.

mrlux

Just found a verry nice addon called spotlight works on Frodo or Gotham. Integrates nicely in XBMC menu.

https://bitbucket.org/re/spotlight/wiki/Home

Rorey
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it
Hello everyone. Staff here. While we don't have an update on an XBMC plugin, we are looking to improve the experience for Spotify on smart TV's. We don't typically announce product updates before they happen but please keep an eye on this thread and the community for announcements as they happen. Please continue to add your comments and votes to this thread. We're listening.
hhiguera

+1 vote. It would be great being a premium user to have the possilibty to use it in XBMC

kesm

Would also love to see an official addon from spotify for xbmc

This would be amazing, I use XBMC on every TV in the house so this would be a really sweet way to get an nice interface for the TV without missing any features 😄

locoguano

There is a new Spotify addon for XBMC called Spotlight. Its pretty limited in that you can play only from your playlists, starred, and "inbox". There is also a search feature. Though limited, thus far it works flawlessly.

hanabelmore

I'm looking to intergrate all media in our household into XBMC and having an official Spotify add on would be icing on the cake. Consider this another waiting user!