Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

“Play Less” button

When playing a song from playlists you’ve created, adding a “play less” (or similarly named) feature in the options so when shuffle playing that playlist, that song is less frequent on the queue. 
A “play more” option may also be effective, rather than adding the song multiple times to a playlist & effecting playlist followers who may not appreciate that. 

This is feature allows other listeners to hear the entirety of the playlist without the creator wanting to remove those songs. Additionally, it allows the yearly Wrapped feature to better calculate which songs are listened to frequently by choice, rather than songs that have been replayed frequently  because they were added to playlists sooner & have had more opportunity to appear on queue and be played. 

An argument against this feature would be to adjust queue with songs playing less/more. However this isn’t an efficient option for those busy or on the go who just don’t have time to adjust their queue manually all the time. 

On playlists that I add to overtime and listen to frequently, I tend to have to skip through the older added songs to hear more of the newer songs I’ve added (which cannot be done if device controls & skip button is out of reach). I still enjoy the songs and they are essential to the playlist, I just want to hear more of the newly added ones on shuffle rather than the older songs I’ve listened to more. I would also appreciate my Wrapped to accurately reflect the amount of plays I’ve had on songs, because sometimes I’d certainly play those songs less if I could. 

Comments
dylanw4sted

A nice feature would be that you could deactivate a song in your playlist. In a few of my playlists I have songs that I'm (at the moment) tired of hearing of. But I do not want to lose that song because in a few months, I probably want to listen to it again. A simple deactivate feauture would solve this problem -> I don't have to hear it anymore for some time and I don't lose the song in my playlist.