Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Expand "Discovered On" User-Generated Playlists on Artist Profiles to Show On Mobile

Background

Earlier this year with Spotify's UI change, user-generated playlists (UGP) were removed from artist profiles, before subsequently returning on desktop (with some expansion to now show 50 playlists when pressing 'See All'). Despite the initial scare, it was nice to see that Discovered On made *some* come-back, but it needs more. It's currently unfair that Spotify only shows its own playlists on Mobile, completely removing visibility on UGP.

In fact, with Spotify's recent streamlining of Web/Mobile/Desktop App UIs to all look and function similarly, this new addition shouldn't be difficult at all. If anything, I imagine Spotify is actively omitting Discovered On from artist profiles on mobile now (You can see this in the A/B difference attached, between the Mobile & Narrow Desktop App window view, which are practically the same, except the omission of Discovered On).

I'm requesting for Discovered On to show on Mobile as it does on Desktop, so that:

- Listeners can tap into the huge world of user-curated playlists to find similar artists. 

- Independent curators (labels, bloggers, influencers, etc.) can still have visibility for their playlists, and not drown in an overly monopolized Spotify environment.

- Artists can also obviously enjoy getting more discovery and visibility through a largely available yet untapped resource, especially artists who DEPEND on third party curators, i.e. those not picked up by Spotify algorithms and editorials which are arguably most artists on the platform.

How To Achieve This:

It's very simple. Below the Featuring, Fans Also Like, Appears On & Artist Playlists widget/tabs, just show Discovered On tab as is shown on Desktop. Simple.

Thank you!

Spotify Discovered On.png

Updated on 2021-10-06

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
midoriha_senpai

I do appreciate that Spotify has curated playlists. That said, it often feels like I'm disconnected from the many other users that share my music taste. Having the feature on desktop allows me to find other people that I vibe with, and it helps me to discover new music from less visible artists that I can enjoy and add to my own lists. It also improves my Spotify-curated playlists because I sometimes follow these people and/or artists and that affects the curation algorithm to give me more of what I want.

Add to all the above that people may be on mobile considerably longer than desktop these days. Let's get this done!

Novy
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-10-06

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

bigsunrecords

Great idea, i am backing this all the way! Lets hope Spotify takes action for the better!

alpasrecords

This would be a great addition 

MadmanOnWheels

I've been wanting "Discovered On" on my phone. I don't use the desktop version that much, especially because I don't have a computer, right now.

AdamDam

I think this is a great idea! I often browse the “Discovered on” section of artist pages on the desktop app to check out the user-generated playlists there and discover music that way. It would be great to be able to do this on the mobile app, while I’m away from my computer.

Sirtla

When will this excellent idea be implemented? The Discover On section is a brilliant alternative to Spotify editorials which usually confine its playlists to 50-200 songs. Spotify editorials tend to regularly remove songs every 2-4 weeks which can be very annoying. User curated playlists tend to preserve past favourites whilst still updating.

elasuarezf

I hate this new discovery mode where you show some artists as if they were included in the playlist and once I start listening there is not a single song I recognise.

You should have considered offering this to who wants to listen to music in that mode. I liked to go through the daily mixes suggestions and have a bit of what I know and a bit to discover. Basically now all I can do is listen to my own playlists only. What a big mistake.