Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Mark all/multiple podcasts played

Add the ability to mark all prior podcasts played. Recently joined spotify and would like to consolidate my apps. If I subscribe to a podcast with hundreds of episodes I would like to be able to pick the last one I heard on my current player and mark it AND all prior played. Currently the only way to do this is by manually marking each episode.

Updated on 2022-07-12

Hi everyone,

Even though this idea was previously marked as "Not Right Now", we're happy to announce that your feedback has helped us improve the app and this suggestion has now been implemented for the mobile app.

If you want to see this feature implemented for the desktop app aswell, you can vote on this idea.

Thank you for participating in our ideas exchange here on the Community and playing a big role in making Spotify better for everyone!

Comments
Guido
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2019-08-10

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea--we've also updated the title to clarify what you're requesting for other users.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

kylelistens

This is the main reason I don't use Spotify for podcasts. Ideally (for me at least) there would be the option to mark all/multiple as played, as well as marking them unplayed in case I want to re-listen to a show.

leigha

Agreed! I've just moved over from another service and watch to mark everything I've already listened to as played. I hope Spotify moves forward with developing this feature! 

Neshouse

Recently explored on moving my podcast experience to Spotify as well, however there are too many basic features missing.

As stated above, when moving from another app to Spotify with over 100 episodes it's an unmissable feature to be able to mark episodes as played in one swift move. It's undoable doing this one by one.

This feature is needed... And also if you ask me; automatic downloads of new episodes is a big no-go for switching, at least for me.

Omega_Ezra

Agreed. I would love to use spotify for music AND podcasts but because they don't have basic features like this I have to use Spotify for music and another robust podcast app. I would even be willing to pay a little extra just to have nice podcast features...alas.

Stray2point0

If you're going to make established podcasts with hundreds of episodes Spotify exclusives you need to give people a way to organize the hundreds of episodes they've already listened to that is easier than clicking each one and marking played.

materialghoul

One of my favorite podcasts is moving to Spotify this month and this is a crucial feature to have as it (and several others I listen to) have hundreds of episodes. I'd gladly move all of my subscribed podcasts over to Spotify if this were to be implemented and I'm betting a lot of other users/listeners would as well. 

iheartsnuggles

Yeah, this needs a bulk mark as played. No way i can go through 400 episodes of a podcast to mark them as played. 

3DBlaster

Total fake.pngI wish...

09-bf_22ct7jv

I need this! Recently LPOTL went exclusive to Spotify and I need to mark hundreds of episodes as played.

The thought of going through one by one is driving me mad.