Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Queue] Queue to Next or Last

Present two options on rightclick, Queue Last and Queue Next. Very easy to implement, and useful. 

The way I been using spotty lately is to keep adding to Play Queue, it has gotten really long and sometimes I want to listen to something right now, then I have to add to queue and then move the songs all the way up to the top.

Mediamonkey have had this implemented since long ago. Mediamonkey is btw the best musicorganizer I've ever owned or tried. 

Updated on 2023-03-28

Hey there,

Thanks for this submission. We had a slight hiccup with moving ideas to different boards, but it's all good now.

We're setting the status of this one as "not right now", but that doesn't mean that your votes don't count.

Cheers!

Comments
arnaudin

Yes yes yes!

I'm also a MediaMonkey user, and love and use this feature so much!

richardap

This really needs to happen. A very standard feature. 

PS for MM lovers, try Musicbee

Hankwikle

Definitely needs to happen. SIck of having to drag things all the way up to the top of a long queue.

Jrslkns
Now, queueing a song puts the song as the next song in the queue.

Shouldn't it be nice that the user could choose wether the song comes next, or at the end of the queue?

This option should be implemented in the spotify preferences. It's easy to implement, and solves a problem for a lot of users using spotify as their music-player on all kind of party's

Thanks!

timminor

I can't understand how this isn't a feature. It's particularly useful when sharing the account with colleagues in the workplace.

For example: it's kinda rude to queue a whole new album up after the end of the current song when your colleagues have taken time to add a whole list of things to the existing queue.

Equally, you all might just agree that you all have to hear a particular song right now and it has to be next. 

billynair

@Jrslkns - how?!? I am adding songs and they are added to the end of the queue. If you have songs that are added automatically like with the radio (white text) and you add a song to the queue, that song (yellow text) will go before the white text, but definately after all the other yellow text songs. Is there somthing that I am missing?

turtlewing

I would use this feature everyday. Currently I'm dragging things to the top of the que. Unfortunately that's buggy and takes too long. I know that doubleclicking a title will play it right away, but I don't want to interrupt what I'm playing, I just want to be able to easily designate what plays next. 

The App is great, I know that there are other things to do and improve. This is important too. Thanks for considering it.

Jcrawford

Same here. Shouldn't most recent first be the default list order? Seems crazy to me that I have to scroll to the bottom of my playlist to play the track I just added. And no way to change sort order. It's a burried button on ipad. It's infuriating to me. Some of my playlists are hundreds of tracks. Arrrggg!

anmar

I do agree with this. I tend to build very long, (too long) play queue, that I might want to reuse later, but really often I want to listen to just a couple of tracks right now, then the rest of the Play queue.

I also use Mediamonkey, that has that feature. It seems so obvious once you are used to it.

leebotton

Suggested almost a year ago in this thread alone! Why hasn't anything been done about this? It's a ridiculous feature to be missing. As mentioned, very standard in all media players.