Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Removing Podcast Recommendations

Even though I've never listened to a podcast on my Spotify account, Spotify keeps recommending me multiple podcasts that I've absolutely no interest in. And what's more bothering is that you can't remove them from your home page or block podcast suggestions completely at the moment.

I've also chatted with Spotify support and they told me it's not possible to remove podcast suggestions from home screen completely, and they suggested I wrote down my complaint on the community page so that users with similar complaints can make sure their voices are heard.

So please, if you're having the same problem as me, leave a remark on this and try to enhance user experience who only enjoy music and are not interested in listening to lame people yap about trivial stuff and think this is a good idea.

Screenshot_20240118-172137.jpg
Comments
hayzer

Yeah, it makes sense that we should have the option to customize our homepages with what we want/don't want to see between music, podcasts, and audiobooks. It would definitely improve the user experience.

Harry123

Yep. I have a dedicated app just for podcasts. I use Spotify exclusively for music. Let me tailor my home page how I want 

Alexandrarg

Ability to remove podcasters, similar to “don’t play this artist”

Captain_Owa_Owa

I also would like this, since I don't care about podcasts on Spotify.  I'm only here for the songs/music.

DamnDaniel89

Hoping that someone from spotify reads this.

For me the issue is as follows. Last year some good friends of mine had their wedding and I was listening to some sort of wedding-podcast since I was kind of involved in the planing of the party. Ever since then I got those wedding podcasts stuck on my spotify "homepage".

Furthermore the amount of podcast reccomendations VS. music reccomendations has gotten ridiculous.

I'm still (trying) to use Spotify for music, but it's kind of getting hard to find new music since most of the things I see are the things I have been listening to for years (fine so far) but then again also PODCASTS PODCASTS PODCASTS.

IDK if this is some sort of financial decision by Spotify... because some friends told me that there are now commercials inside some podcasts. wth.

m-ric98

It would be nice to be able to disable concerts recommendation, merch etc., we all want different things for the app

palnewb

I have 2 podcasts in the section "Your shows"  and "Episodes for you" that are **bleep** and health related. I do not follow these two podcasts, though I did listen to an episode of each about half a year to a year ago... I don't have a problem with these being in my home page, but since there's no way to "hide podcasts" or unrecommend, I cannot let a child or someone else use my phone to put music on without exposing them to the big bright neon letters on the Home Screen. I think this is a huge oversight by Spotify. I have tried to mark all episodes as "unwatched", delete them from my listening history and no options works even after such a long time of no interaction with the podcasts.

KotaKat13

I just want to remove content I didn't like

my_real_name

please allow the ability to turn off all of the ads recommendations for premium accounts for podcasts and concerts. i am not interested and find them very distracting. thank you. 

stevenomes

Sadly if you are a music only users you're falling out of the target market for Spotify. They are moving hard into podcasts and audiobooks and music only users who have separate apps for those things will be left behind. I doubt anything will change with that unless it hits their bottom line but that is unlikely with how popular Spotify already is. Music streaming is not profitable and unlike apple/Amazon Spotify doesn't offer other products or an ecosystem that they can afford to take a loss on music streaming this long before they have to present a plan to get profitable