Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Xbox One app

I'm aware that a large majority of Spotify users won't be gamers but with Microsoft's latest console, the Xbox One, do you think it'd be possible to get a Spotify app? Now that it's possible to multi-task and stream while you game the opportunity to gain new monthly subscribers is massive.

It's already possible as seen with Microsofts new service "Xbox Music" which features heavily in the new console. I know I'd definitely use the app if there was one. Anyone else?

Updated on 2017-08-09

Massive news in the Community today. We're implementing the second largest idea request for all of you.

xbox 2.jpg

Spotify is now available on Xbox One in 34 markets* around the world. The new integration means that millions of Xbox One gamers can now choose the perfect music from Spotify to provide a fresh soundtrack for every gaming session.

Spotify allows you to personalize your gaming experience through your saved music, pre-curated gaming playlists and the full catalogue of Spotify music in the background, while in game. Simply play music on demand, whether you are a free or Premium Spotify user. Creating your personalised gaming soundtrack has never been so simple.

For more information check out https://www.spotify.com/xbox/ and our FAQ here

*AR, AU, AT, BE, BR, CA, CL, CO, CZ, DE, DK, FI, FR, GR, HK, HU, IE, IT, JP, MX, NL, NZ, NO, PL, PT, SG, SK, ES, SE, CH, TW, TR, UK, US

Thanks for your continued feedback here, we're listening!

Comments
exodusbro
Yes please! I also use slacker radio, and the app on the 360 is awesome. I really want an app for the Xbox one for Spotify.. I have for windows phone, just port over to Xbox one. It's basically the same code.
akokie

can't believe this hasn't happened yet.  after all the interest from current users.  but perhaps more importantly to Spotify bigwigs, the potential revenue stream from exposure in the XB1 communtiy.

I literally just don't get it.  

TheBiLeKOne
That's an amazing idea, I truly hope that Spotify will bring their app to Xbox one, especially will snap feature on the console and working in the background. I'm a long time subscriber of Spotify an can use it only on my Phone which sucks Xbox is my the place of my entertainment and I don't own a PC. If it won't work in the bear future I'll probably cancel my subscription and go to Pandora. Hope they will change it, such a big streaming company but so far the go only with Sony on consoles... Stupid move.
patel892

Spotify, just another company putting paying customers who want their content behind usless exclusive deals. Spotify, your exclusive deals with Sony PS4 may expire at some point but happy customers will always be with you. I guess time to switch music provider.

esco_1984
Can they not atleast say how long the Sony exclusivity deal is for? All we know is its for the "foreseeable future ", but how long is that?
Loxxias

Spotify, we Need changes!

- DLNA: no

- Xbox360 App :no

- XboxOne App :no

- some SmartTV's ("older" LG)

- Connect (PC Windows remotes TV...)

bring it please (maybe only in Premium?!)

I'm waiting a Long time, to use my Premium WITHOUT any 3rd Party-App in my Home Network. (Uncomfortable solutions with Capture and Streaming tools.)

Over the Time, i'm dissapointed. I think, i will change to an other Service, before 2016. i really like the way to listen Songs and Playlist with Spotify!

The "MostWanted" Point from (y)our community, to 'fix' the limited Network Support is still ignored. This is a Slap in a Face to every Premium user....

so, Spotify, i think, we will go different Ways.

so Long, and thank You for the Fish.....

sorry 4 wording, i'm a German user. Hope, u Understand my strange Comment -.- \,,/

mcnalljp

With Windows 10 coming to XBOne this holiday and it already being released for computers and coming to windows mobile soon, wouldn't it make sense for spotify to create a Universal app to be played across all devices seemlessly?

raul25857

I totality agree we need spotify in xbox one

b0ris74
+10000 for a Spotify app. As premium members aren't we allowed to listen to our music on any platform ?