Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Web Player] Friend Activity on web player

Bring the Friend Activity feature where you can see what your Spotify friends have been listening to the past couple of hours from the desktop app to the web player.

Also put it in a reserved area or button so that I don't have to make the window suuuuuuper wider just to see the feed on the side.

This has been requested before but I still think there is enough interest for this to get more than 100 kudos.

That's how the Friend Activity pane looks on the desktop client:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-14 um 12.14.52.png

The web client does miss this Friend Activity view:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-14 um 12.20.38.png

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
drumblonde

I'm someone who rarely uses the desktop app, but I like to see what my friends are currently listening to. I use Spotify almost exclusively through the mobile app and web player, but friend activity is not currently supported on either platform. Due to limitations on software installation, I can only use the web player while at work and it's very disappointing that the web player has such limited features, despite me being a premium member.

MartinStoichkov
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2019-03-06

Marked as a new idea 

This is a repost of the following inactive idea

For Friend Feed on Mobile App, please vote for this idea

>> What happens to the idea I submitted?

MuhammetKaplan

Selam,

Benim spotify hesabım premuın fakat birkaç sorunum var.Hiçbir playlist oynatılmıyor çalmıyor albümlerin resmi gözüküyor fakat şarkı çalmıyor. 10 yada 20 kez kaldırdım ve tekrar yükledim yine aynı sorun oldu . Desteğe başvurup yaptım yine olmadı . Çözümü  nedir? 

jlous

Please note the same idea also garnereed a number of votes here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Add-Friends-Activity-Feed-to-Web-Player/idi-p/1381899

Luke
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2020-05-08

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2020-03-06

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form 🙂

Have a nice day!

Luke

Katerina
Status changed to: Need more information

Updated on 2020-05-05

Hey there @hathor,

Thank you for submitting this idea, we'll just need a bit more info to understand it first before we give it the proper status.

Your idea is labeled as a desktop idea. Just to clarify, is this something you'd like to see in the Web Player or the desktop app? 

Any additional details or screenshots would be very helpful - just make sure that there's no private/sensitive info displayed.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply, thanks!

Luan
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-05-08

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

amateurron

I think this is a great idea because the friend activity has been a big part of how I use the app. However the spotify app keeps crashing and not connecting to wifi (this is a common issue there are blog articles and forums about it). I have reinstalled and checked my firewall. Even had a new laptop. It seems webplayer is the new base of operations ://.

tzx6132

I much prefer the web player but sadly cannot see friend activity there. +1 from me for this idea.

hathor

@Katerina sorry for my late response.

My idea is regarding to the web player.

I have added screenshots to make it more clear what I am talking about.

Do you need more information?

Please let me know how I can drive this idea further.