Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Edit track metadata

Apple Music has this neat feature that allows users to edit track metadata for all tracks added to the user's library. This is most useful for putting custom artwork for albums or removing (Deluxe) or (Remastered) tags on albums, and removing parentheses in track titles. This feature is also useful for scrobbling with Last.fm, a feature that is not built into Apple Music. Custom artwork for albums is a popular feature on Apple as fans can use their fan-made artwork in screenshots.

Being able to edit track and album metadata on Spotify would be great for people like me who love to micro-manage their music library.

Screenshot 2021-05-04 005612.png

Updated on 2021-06-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
violinorchestra

Cool! This is a great idea!

2qdxxhosvv6f2h9

This is definitely a feature that makes me want to switch to Apple Music. I know Spotify is capable!! It would be such an amazing and useful feature. Especially for Last.fm users and people who like to sort artists a certain way.

JoJoObrien

This would be a great addition, often there are different versions of a song with different features, but Spotify has them all under the Same Name (Example: Higher by Taio Cruz has Three Versions (Solo, feat. Travie McCoy & feat. Kylie Minogue) but all are Under "Higher")

rikverstraete

and if you can edit meta data, make the most important data available for filtering & ordering; like year released and genre

rickik

I would really love this feature. As someone that likes tracking their listening history, it would help when there's projects with different metadata when they're actually the same (ex: Deluxe versions, remasters...). I have even considered switching to Apple Music to be able to do so:)

1016d

And also please, implement the album genre! 

wsws

This is the one and only feature I want from Spotify, it would change the game and allow so much more customization to our preference as a listener which is something Spotify say they care for loads.

funnydawg29

This feature might make me subscribe to the service again

tapenoon

pretty please.. I'd LOVE this feature. as someone who uses last.fm having accurate / correct metadata is and has always been really important to me. I also listen to a lot of Japanese and Korean music and even though I can speak and read both since I don't pay with a Jap. or Kor.-issued credit card I often get transliterated album/artist/track names which I really don't like. since there isn't an option to display the content in multiple preferred languages irrespective of territory this feature would make up for it. 

MAL90

Yes please! Would love to be able to scrobble from Spotify without all the extra tags, typos, or downright wrong artist names.