[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2018-11-10

Marked as a new idea and edited the title slightly :)

Related Ideas

Comments
DancingNerd
Visitor

I want to be able to save my spotify music offline on my watch for a run.

Jordi
Community Legend

Hi there and welcome to the community,

At the moment there is no Watch app available.

You may want to add kudos to the ideas below, any future updates will be announced there:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Spotify-on-Apple-Watch/idi-p/914915

Pcaledo
Hi there, I am spotify premium member, however I have bought an Apple Watch and I am so sad because there aren't App to Watch and now with Apple Music, I believe spotify cannot develop this app....so maybe I must leave to be a member of spotify Servicios.
Do spotify the intention to up the Spotify Apple Watch Apps?
I hope so....and soon or be late.
Nickd91
Visitor
You can use "Joy" Apple Watch app for Spotify
Pcaledo
Thanks for your reply, ok I can use Joy, however I would like to know if Spotify is going to do the app to Apple watch or the only one solution is joy?
Joy is not the "official" app of Spotify, isn't there?
Pcaledo

Not, at the moment you cannot use Spotify with your Apple Watch for running. It is a pity because I have the same problem I am a premium member since years and now I am going to change to Apple music because I cannot use it without my iPhone. 

In you pr Apple watch is so easy, open the Watch app and in the Music you must sincronyce one list (chosen number of songs or size of playlist) and open the music from your watch....., chose the device for listing and be free.....

i hope spotify can do it........, dead or alive........I hope so

bob2211
Is there any update on this? Can't just be that Spotify as the no one music streaming service is too dumb to build a small Apple Watch app to hear music directly from you watch.
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @bob2211

I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before they have an Apple Watch app. They already have an Android Wear watch app.

jdunstone16

I have been able to use mine through the 3rd Party app Decibell. This app is really useful to allow you to work using your apple watch and the playlist

Pcaledo
Hi there, sorry but Decibell only use your Spotify Premium account as a
remote control with the Apple Watch and iPhone, Decibell can not save the
Playlist on Apple Watch in order to go to running without the mobile..., so
it is the same that others apps. Only Music the Apple permit you save the
Playlist, 250 songs or others options in your Apple Watch. In this case,
you can go out only with your earphones and the Apple Watch without the
iPhone for playing music.