[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2018-11-10

Marked as a new idea and edited the title slightly :)

Related Ideas

Comments
erkan12
Visitor

I want to buy the apple watch to use it when running. Since i always listen to music while I run, I would love to have the music streamed to my wireless headphones without having to bring my phone.

Please create an app for offline playlists on the apple watch. That would be great!

Puppetisto

Yes! I would love this feature too! 

samluyet

Please make this happen ASAP

jjj3wright
PLEASE do this, Spotify! You’re just begging your customers to switch to Apple Music if you don’t. It’s only a matter of time until I stop waiting and switch myself... get better at customer service, please.
peterinberlin

Spotify,

Apple Watch OS 5 is now open for Developers.

So no Reasons NOT to build the perfect Spotify App for Apple Watch 4.

Do you want your Customers to move to Apple Music?? I guess NO!

dbrocht

I've pretty much had it with Spotify. It was bad enough when they removed the tempo running feature, which continues to anger hundreds of runners. Having that capability was the single most important reason I chose Spotify. But I can't even listen to my own playlists unless I carry my phone with me. Unacceptable, Spotify.

I have a cellular Apple Watch. Why not allow me to stream my own **bleep** playlists?!?! Who does your marketing research? It certainly isn't anyone with any forward thinking. Spotify keeps saying "We're considering it." Spotify used to be the top in the music app industry, now they've become an also-ran...

My family premium membership is set to renew in a few weeks. Seriously considering cancelling and switching to Apple Music. I really don't want to do that, because I do love Spotify. But, why stay with a company who doesn't listen, or care what their members are saying?

jgmunoz

This would be a great idea. As an Apple Watch user, I would love to use my Apple Watch to see my playlist and play the song I want. Similar to Apple Music right now but better!

kainz0r
  • I bought an Apple Watch 4th gen expressly to be able to leave my phone at home more often.
  • In this scenario, there is no phone to stream Spotify from - the watch is it. It's all I'm carrying.
  • Apple Music service allows you to store music and stream music from the watch with no phone support.
  • It's possible for other Apple Watch apps from developers such as Spotify to also store music and stream it directly on the watch.
  • Because there is no Spotify app, I'm now in the process of porting my playlists over to Apple Music. Once this is complete, my Spotify subscription is getting canned - I've been a customer for 6 years without reason to change services... until now.
  • I'm not unique - most people in this thread are in the same situation. Every Watch customer is a customer that is very likely to abandon Spotify until this is fixed. Spotify should address this, and do so quickly.
Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-11-10

Marked as a new idea and edited the title slightly :)

joe_main

This would complete me, Spotify. C’mon. The watch app is a great start but we want, nay, need offline play! Apple Music sucks and my free trial is about to end.

Be a pal and make it happen :)