Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Do NOT automatically hide the Timer in Now Playing

A recent upgrade has resulted in the song timer blacking out in the Spotify App after a few seconds on a song -- I am a cycling instructor, and I need to see where I am in a track without having to reach down an hit the screen for it to show up again (I accidently jumped to the following track in the middle of a workout the other day trying to figure out where we were in the song). So yes, you can make it re-appear, but when you are leading a class with 50 people in it, and still riding, it is a huge pain to have to pick up your phone multiple times in a song, and very carefully tap the screen (without swiping) to see what minute mark you are at. Having the slider is not sufficient as we time our classes and songs with planned races and pickups (so, for example, I need to be able to know that there is a pickup at 1:22-157, and that there are 7 seconds before it happens, or 32 seconds until the end of the song, etc. etc.).

Removing the timer saves NO space on the screen, and is more of nuscance than anything else. Please bring back the song timer, or at least give people the option to say "Yes hide the timer after a few seconds", or, "No, leave the timer there".

There are thousands of fitness professionals in the same position -- along with my entire studio who use spotify, and we are all irritated with this new feature.

Please, please, PLEASE change it back. This has been a huge headache since last week's update.

image1.PNG
image2.PNG

Updated: 2015-07-29

Hey folks, we're marking this as a 'Good idea'. Continue to leave your feedback here and we'll keep bringing it back to the teams at Spotify, thanks!

Comments
ashyfly

I couldn't agree more.   PLEASE bring back the timer and also PLEASE make the timer numbers larger!!!   While you are at it, please also bring back the playlist length in minutes and seconds (no rounding)!    Thank you!

vmc923

AGREED!!

Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes
Updated: 2015-06-03

cait506
Agree times 1000000! Please help us and bring this back. We are paying customers!
lilmsom

Same problem.  Please bring the timer back ASAP.  

SummersGrace24

This is the worst update feature EVER. Who would this even benefit??

apalmer1021
Yes! Please please PLEASE bring back the track timer!!! This is so ridiculous that this not optional and even more dumb that with all the complaints it has received that it hasn't been fixed!!! If it's not fixed SOON I will have no choice but to look at other options.
lharrington-83

But really....WHO does it benefit?! As a paying customer, I rely on Spotify when teaching my spin classes. Without the ongoing timer, I am completely thrown off. At least give us the option to have it! PLEASE BRING IT BACK!

cara_nc

Can I give this idea 1,000 kudos? I'm in complete agreement. This was a very unexpected & unwelcome update when I taught a spin class after the update.

And I wholeheartedly agree with the request to make the numbers larger for those of us who are over the age of 30 and can't see the nearly microscopic numbers on our already-tiny screens.

As of yesterday, I went back to buying music on iTunes for my most recent cycle class playlist, and there's no way I'll continue to pay for Spotify Premium if I can't use it to teach.

Malana123
Seriously. This is a deal killer for my relationship with spotify. WHY??? Pointless.