Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Do NOT automatically hide the Timer in Now Playing

A recent upgrade has resulted in the song timer blacking out in the Spotify App after a few seconds on a song -- I am a cycling instructor, and I need to see where I am in a track without having to reach down an hit the screen for it to show up again (I accidently jumped to the following track in the middle of a workout the other day trying to figure out where we were in the song). So yes, you can make it re-appear, but when you are leading a class with 50 people in it, and still riding, it is a huge pain to have to pick up your phone multiple times in a song, and very carefully tap the screen (without swiping) to see what minute mark you are at. Having the slider is not sufficient as we time our classes and songs with planned races and pickups (so, for example, I need to be able to know that there is a pickup at 1:22-157, and that there are 7 seconds before it happens, or 32 seconds until the end of the song, etc. etc.).

Removing the timer saves NO space on the screen, and is more of nuscance than anything else. Please bring back the song timer, or at least give people the option to say "Yes hide the timer after a few seconds", or, "No, leave the timer there".

There are thousands of fitness professionals in the same position -- along with my entire studio who use spotify, and we are all irritated with this new feature.

Please, please, PLEASE change it back. This has been a huge headache since last week's update.

image1.PNG
image2.PNG

Updated: 2015-07-29

Hey folks, we're marking this as a 'Good idea'. Continue to leave your feedback here and we'll keep bringing it back to the teams at Spotify, thanks!

Comments
Malana123
I have to just say it again...WORST IDEA EVER!!!!!!!!!!😝😝😝😝
Tinarathman

Can I give this idea 10,000 kudos? I'm in complete agreement. This was a very unexpected & unwelcome update when I taught a spin class on Saturday 6-6-15. I absolutley hate this change and I am totally stressed by this.  Please bring back time IMMEDIATELY!!!!

cait506

Well lucky for us Apple will have a similiar streaming program.  Lets all switch over to that!!!  Bye bye Spotify premium.

https://www.apple.com/pr/library/2015/06/08Introducing-Apple-Music-All-The-Ways-You-Love-Music-All-i...

vmc923

Spotify.... any update on this? Has this been seen by your dev team? Is this going to be prioritized? I agree with the latest comment, if this doesn't get fixed I'm done for good with Spotify and moving over to Apple Music when it comes out. Was just in New York last weekend talking to a group of cycling instructors at some of the biggest cycling chains in the country where their studios provide Spotify Premium memberships to all of their instructors. With this update you're killing a couple hundred if not thousands of subscriptions just by adding this ridiculous feature - these studios will cut the cord if we all stop using Spotify - not a threat, just the reality. Some sort of ackowledgement that this is under review would be greatly appreciated, rather than just seeing 20+ non-spotify people chime in to agree... It's not like this community has a TON of activity, this post has had a lot of activity in comparison to your other ones. how hard is it to reverse this feature? Is it possible to download an older version of Spotify on my phone?

masher1421
Please bring the timer back! I need it for my spin classes. if it does not get put back to the way it was when I got my account, I WILL look elsewhere! This is ridiculous!
fitnh
Agree with everyone! Bring back the timer!
kameleontti

Please, please, bring  back the track time. A large amount of people who are paying for Premium, need this feature and find it essential. I do need it too for my fitness class purposes. 

jptavares

Very annoying.

End of the month the solution is likely to arrive and I will then will most likely stop using spotify altogether and switch to Apple, which since the iPod understood that music fans want to know how much is left to hear from a track.

michsteele

Thank goodness there is a thread on this, I was about to post as well.  I am also a spin instructor and the exact song count/time is so important/helpful to me when teaching. Anyone know why this changed? Spotify can you please bring it back? Or, any advice if there is a way to go back to my previous Spotify iOS version that had this at all times? Now when I teach, I am constantly tapping my device every 10-15 seconds. Thank you! I agree I'm a Premium subscriber and am disappointed. I spoke with some other fitness instructors at two studios and they both mentioned the same thing - moving to Apple music, or using the Schwinn app where you can see song timer but it only works with iTunes. I'd really prefer to keep Spotify - please bring it back, seems like such an easy fix! Anyone please respond or acknowledge you've read these requests?

megmarshcycle

Between this and my issues with local files, I'll be looking into Apple's new service as soon as that launches (11 days).  I'm confident that the Apple service will be more intuitive to use than Spotify.