Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Do NOT automatically hide the Timer in Now Playing

A recent upgrade has resulted in the song timer blacking out in the Spotify App after a few seconds on a song -- I am a cycling instructor, and I need to see where I am in a track without having to reach down an hit the screen for it to show up again (I accidently jumped to the following track in the middle of a workout the other day trying to figure out where we were in the song). So yes, you can make it re-appear, but when you are leading a class with 50 people in it, and still riding, it is a huge pain to have to pick up your phone multiple times in a song, and very carefully tap the screen (without swiping) to see what minute mark you are at. Having the slider is not sufficient as we time our classes and songs with planned races and pickups (so, for example, I need to be able to know that there is a pickup at 1:22-157, and that there are 7 seconds before it happens, or 32 seconds until the end of the song, etc. etc.).

Removing the timer saves NO space on the screen, and is more of nuscance than anything else. Please bring back the song timer, or at least give people the option to say "Yes hide the timer after a few seconds", or, "No, leave the timer there".

There are thousands of fitness professionals in the same position -- along with my entire studio who use spotify, and we are all irritated with this new feature.

Please, please, PLEASE change it back. This has been a huge headache since last week's update.

image1.PNG
image2.PNG

Updated: 2015-07-29

Hey folks, we're marking this as a 'Good idea'. Continue to leave your feedback here and we'll keep bringing it back to the teams at Spotify, thanks!

Comments
Uphill

I'm a spin teacher as well and I couldn't agree more with everyone. Spotify, please bring back the option of keeping the time visible. Spin & other fitness class teachers really need it. 

Only ONE more kudos and then there's 100. Please, please spread the word to your fellow spinners!  

dmdiana

This is so frustrating! I am also a cycle instructor and need that timer to stay on. I don't understand why it needs to fade out to begin with. 

I'm the 100 KUDO!!! Woohooo!!! Let's get this changed.

Malana123
Please!! We are begging!!
DJCrapsody
Doesn't happen on the Android version but hey, I don't want the same to happen on the Android version too. Bring back the time!
joesuburbs

While we are talking about it... I do not need album art during class... but I would love a LARGER COUNTDOWN TIMER in that space instead.

There could be a FITNESS INSTRUCTOR [  x ] checkbox that you could check... that would reduce the amount of noise onscreen and focus on what's important to fitness instructors... TIME REMAINING, NEXT TRACK, COMMENTS... that last one would be most amazing... rotate an iPhone 6+ sideways and see comments about track profile... that would ensure almost every fitness instructor would use the Spotify exclusively... that's like 100,000 premium memberships right there.

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

Updated: 2015-07-29

Hey folks, we're marking this as a 'Good idea'. Continue to leave your feedback here and we'll keep bringing it back to the teams at Spotify, thanks!

JesseHedrick

Yes!!! Bring Back the Timer!!

Perhaps add as "OPTION" to use or Not use.

I've had 2 embarassing mis-haps in my Spin Class, because I have to tap the screen so much, I accidently tapped the forward to next song, very unprofessional.

Please consider adding back the Timer or at least as an option.

JH

JesseHedrick

Please Fix ASAP!

Thanks!

JH

JesseHedrick

Think I will post everday.  Since it seems this issue is being ignored.  Squeaky wheel.

Come on Spotify!

We've "Spotted" a major complaint, please respond & fix.  Don't be afraid to be Johnny "On the SPOT"!

Hey, how much time remaining in this song?

Don't know, Spotify left me hanging.

JH

JesseHedrick

I'm Back!

But the Timer is NOt.  Rats!

Come on Spotify!  Help a cyclist out-

SPin + SPotify = Divorce?

I'll check back next week.

JH