Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Do NOT automatically hide the Timer in Now Playing

A recent upgrade has resulted in the song timer blacking out in the Spotify App after a few seconds on a song -- I am a cycling instructor, and I need to see where I am in a track without having to reach down an hit the screen for it to show up again (I accidently jumped to the following track in the middle of a workout the other day trying to figure out where we were in the song). So yes, you can make it re-appear, but when you are leading a class with 50 people in it, and still riding, it is a huge pain to have to pick up your phone multiple times in a song, and very carefully tap the screen (without swiping) to see what minute mark you are at. Having the slider is not sufficient as we time our classes and songs with planned races and pickups (so, for example, I need to be able to know that there is a pickup at 1:22-157, and that there are 7 seconds before it happens, or 32 seconds until the end of the song, etc. etc.).

Removing the timer saves NO space on the screen, and is more of nuscance than anything else. Please bring back the song timer, or at least give people the option to say "Yes hide the timer after a few seconds", or, "No, leave the timer there".

There are thousands of fitness professionals in the same position -- along with my entire studio who use spotify, and we are all irritated with this new feature.

Please, please, PLEASE change it back. This has been a huge headache since last week's update.

image1.PNG
image2.PNG

Updated: 2015-07-29

Hey folks, we're marking this as a 'Good idea'. Continue to leave your feedback here and we'll keep bringing it back to the teams at Spotify, thanks!

Comments
msfit
I was told - and it worked- if you tap the "time line" twice - it stays
put and does not disappear.
Kaybly

I am an android user but I use this app for fitness every day and time myself in plank position or doing various exercises using this timer. WHY TAKE IT AWAY???? Or at least make it an option?? please bring back my song run time!!!

Kaybly

Double tapping the line only plays/pauses/restarts the song. Not helpful. 

arti
Are you sure you’re running the most current version of Spotify? It looks like the current version doesn’t hide the timer at all. You can tap the time on the right to show either the total time or elapsed time.
RealStan

Timeeeeerrrr pleaaaase !!!!!

Fitnessprot

💯 after!  I hate This!  Teaching a class and I cant See where I am At!!  I loved Having the song playing at the bottom of the screen and still able to see my entire playlist. I feel like the screen is being wasted now I have black space on the left for no reason and now I can't figure out how many seconds I have left in the song without clicking on it and restarting the song. It's horrible!

ephill1959

This comment about bringing back the song timer was brought up in 2015  . . . why hasn't anything been done about it?    Why hasn't the timer been brought back?????!!!!!

anita17

yes bring the timer back on my laptop so I can see the elapsed time, this is so irritating that it's not there any longer, I need this to make my playlists for classes!

dutchlyon80

I am also an indoor cycling instructor and being able to see the elapsed time is hugely beneficial for not only planning but presentation.  I'd really like it back. Please.