Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Option to use "Spatial Audio" on iOS 14 (AirPods Pro)

Apple recently made a update for AirPods Pro allowing spatial audio on iOS 14

I think we need this as an option for Spotify. 

Updated on 2021-06-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
aubreyarenas

Spotify kills the game when it comes to curated playlists while Apple Music kills the games when it comes to Albums.. both have pros and cons but the spatial audio they have is pulling me more towards Apple Music.. please add this feature!

magwami

Spatial/athmos audio is really a must for Spotify to keep up!

That and higher quality playback (like Tidal) is needed to stay in the game! I am also considering leaving Spotify due to these gaps!

justportillo

I'm considering switching to Apple Music because Spatial Audio is so cool

Steve_jobs

Spatial audio would be an amazing update. Spotify’s algorithm with spatial audio would do wonders !

TerrorByte

I just switched to Spotify from Apple Music just because of Spotify Connect and their better algorithms. I already miss spatial audio from Apple Music and really hope this idea gets off the ground!

Jamesfire

Do it! It would be so nice! Definitely worth it with so many people using AirPods Pro wanting the best quality possible. 

Kingle17

Yes please 

Roman_Lysiuk

can't wait to see this huge feature on Spotify! 

Suddwrath

Now that spatial audio is on the Airpods 3rd generation it would be great if Spotify supported it since it will be available to a wider audience!

Raln

I hope this comes to Macbooks too that are running Mac OS Monterey.